The Pavilion 14-c010us 14" Chromebook Computer from Hewlett Packard is designed for a Web-optimized experience. With a minimalist and a more user-friendly interface than traditional notebook computers, this HP Chromebook features a unique computing experience enhanced by the Internet.
While most Chromebooks have screens ranging between 10" to 12", this HP Chromebook has a full-size 14" HD BrightView LED-backlit display. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution, powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics, which supports 720p HD video playback. The screen also has a glossy finish for vibrant color. There's also an HDMI port so you'll be able to output video to a larger external display, such as an HDTV.
The system is powered by a dual-core 1.1GHz Intel Celeron 847 processor. It also has 4GB of DDR3 RAM, a 16GB solid-state drive, a multi-format digital media card reader, 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet, 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in Altec Lansing stereo speakers.
Google Chrome OS is a Linux-based operating system designed by Google to work exclusively with web applications. This HP Chromebook combines the aspects of a pure cloud client with the hardware of a traditional portable computer, which puts it in its very own class of netbook and notebook computers.
Please note that in order to take full advantage of Chrome OS, you will need to be connected to the Internet.
- Chrome OS
- Using Linux as a base, Google designed Chrome OS to work exclusively with web applications. The user interface takes a minimalist approach, which greatly resembles the Google Chrome web browser. Chrome OS was built for people who spend a majority, if not all, of their time on the computer connected to the Internet. The only application that comes installed on Chrome OS is a special Google Chrome web browser with an integrated media player and file manager. All other applications are accessed by adding apps from the Google Chrome Web Store. Since Chrome OS relies entirely on Google's web apps and access to Google's services, it is highly recommended that you connect to the Internet to optimize your Chrome OS experience
- Internet Connectivity
- Internet access is very important to the functionality of Chrome OS. That's why this HP Chromebook offers 802.11a/b/g/n wireless connectivity so you'll have no trouble connecting to wireless networks. There's also a 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet RJ-45 jack if you're looking for a reliable wired Internet connection
- 14" HD BrightView LED-Backlit Display
- This HP Chromebook breaks away from the tradition of having 10" to 12" screens on Chromebooks and boasts a 14" HD BrightView LED-backlit display. The screen features a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution, powered by integrated Intel HD graphics. With native support for 720p HD video playback, the HDMI port allows you to output high-definition video to a larger external display, such as an HDTV
- Compact Design
- Just because this HP Chromebook has a larger screen than other Chromebooks doesn't mean it can't be just as portable. Measuring 0.83" thin and weighing just under 4 pounds, this HP Chromebook features a HP Imprint finish in a sparkling black color for a compact and stylish design
- Automatic Updates
- This HP Chromebook is fast to use and doesn't slow down over time. It comes with built-in virus protection so you don't need to buy or install antivirus software. They come with apps for all your everyday needs and keep your files safely backed up in the cloud
- Fast Boot Up and Resume Times
- This HP Chromebook boots up quickly as well as resumes instantly from where you left off, thanks to its 16GB solid-state drive