The purple Samsung ST72 Digital Camera is a compact point-and-shoot digital camera that features a 16.2 megapixel 1/2.3" CCD image sensor to provide high resolution still imagery and HD 720p video at 30fps. A built-in Samsung 5x optical zoom lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 25-125mm, covering wide-angle to telephoto perspectives to suit working in a wide array of shooting scenarios. Digital image stabilization also benefits working with greater zoom magnifications, and when working in low light, by compensating for the effects of camera shake to render sharp, clear imagery.
A 3.0" 230k-dot LCD monitor is available for live view monitoring, image playback, and menu navigation for employing a host of camera features and settings such as Live Panorama, Motion Photo, and for adding Magic Frames and Smart Filter Modes to imagery. Additionally, Smart Auto mode is available for garnering optimum exposure settings depending on the scene at hand.
- 16.2MP 1/2.3" CCD Sensor
- The ST72 features a 16.2 megapixel 1/2.3" CCD image sensor to produce high resolution still imagery and HD 720p video recording at 30 fps.
- Samsung 5x Optical Zoom Lens
- A 5x optical zoom lens is built-in and gives a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 25-125mm, covering wide-angle to telephoto perspectives to suit shooting in a wide variety of scenarios. The lens' f/2.5 maximum aperture is well-suited to working in dimly-lit conditions and digital image stabilization also helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake when working with greater zoom magnifications or in low light.
- 3.0" LCD Monitor
- A built-in 3.0" 230k-dot TFT-LCD monitor enables bright and clear live view monitoring, image playback, and menu navigation for employing a host of camera features and settings.
- Other Camera Features
- Live Panorama mode enables automatic 180° panoramic image capture by simply holding the shutter button and panning about the scene.
- Smart Auto mode intelligently analyzes scene conditions and lighting and automatically applies exposure settings to best render the scene with the utmost quality and fidelity. This mode employs 16 different photo modes and four different movie modes in order to garner the optimum results.
- Motion Photo allows you to selectively animate portions of an image while leaving the background of the image still. This mode functions by recording several images at once, and then the selected regions of the image are converted to an animated GIF while the unselected areas remain constant and still during playback.
- Magic Frame modes consist of 12 background templates to apply to imagery in order to enhance or modify the overall aesthetic appeal.
- Smart Filters affect the entire appearance of an image by using creative overlays to add unique effects. Filters include Miniature, Vignetting, Ink Painting, Oil Painting, Cartoon, Cross Filter, Sketch, Soft Focus, Fish-eye, Old Film, Half Tone Dot, Classic, Retro, and Zooming Shot.