The MX2 Motion Controller by Dynamic Perception is a small, lightweight controller that packs a lot of punch. This controller measures 3 x 4 x 1.5" and fits right in your hand, but offers endless features for DIY motion control projects.
Note: This motion controller does not include a power source. You must purchase a battery or AC adapter to power the MX2 (sold separately).
- 2 or 4-Axis Motion Control
- The MX2 supports 2 DC brushed motor axes directly using the built-in motor drivers. An additional 2 axes of motion in pan and tilt can be added simply by hooking up a Merlin Telescope Head to the MX2.
- Integrated Camera Control
- Hook any camera with a supported remote cable up to the MX2 and start shooting motion-integrated timelapse videos right away. No need for additional intervalometers or other electronics to synchronize the camera with the motion. Control every aspect of the exposure, including auto-focus and exposure on-camera or controlled by the MX2.
- Advanced Motion Capabilities
- The MX2 can run all axes of motion in both continuous and interleaved (shoot-move-shoot) modes. Complete control of the output motion including ramping/feathering in the output video and delayed lead-ins are possible with the MX2.
- Power-Saving Features
- Auto-dim the screen, or disable it completely on a timer to reduce power draw when shooting in the field. Advanced motor control reduces power draw during continuous motion moves.
- Auxiliary Inputs / Outputs
- Interact with your environment, integrate with other systems, and expand your capabilities. The MX2 is ready to take inputs and make changes to the program based on triggers from external sources. Switches, relays, and more can be used in conjunction with the MX2.
- The MX2 is built around open-source electronics and firmware. You are free to experiment by hacking it, changing the code, adding new features, and more.