The Musitek SmartScore X2 Songbook Edition is limited to 3 staves per system (piano/vocal arrangements). It enables you to playback, transpose, and print entire songs just seconds after scanning. Watch as recognized guitar fretboards and chord symbols instantly change when you transpose the key signature. Choose a rhythm style and let the automatic drum kit accompany your song. Sing along with your friends in Karaoke view.
Scan printed sheet music or process imported PDF files. Transpose entire score or individual parts by key or by clef. Re-format, resize, reprint, and export finished scores to other music programs via MusicXML or MIDI. The easy-to-use editor includes split screen or continuous horizontal viewing of both the original scan (in yellow) and the fully-editable SmartScore window (in white). It is also capable of processing both multi-page PDF and .TIF files.
- Transpose and Print
- You have the right piano arrangement, but it is in the wrong key. You have the correct instrumental part, but it is in the wrong clef. You do not read music and you rely exclusively on guitar fret diagrams to play your part and your singer asks you to play it in a higher key. All such problems are solved as you can scan, edit, transpose, and print out your song in a new key or clef in just minutes with the SmartScore X2 Songbook Edition.
- Singing along to the moving lyrics and bouncing ball can certainly be fun when you do it with your friends and family. But it's also a useful tool for practice and rehearsal. As with nearly all features in SmartScore, the Karaoke view is customizable to suit your needs. It enables you to increase font size, bounce intervals, etc.
- Convert notation to TAB and Vice-Versa
- Guitar tablature recognition and conversion is included with this software. The presence of an optimized fingering algorithm favors lower hand positions and "best practices" finger numbering. The TAB editor is powerful and easy to use. Fingering and note pitches are corrected with mouse drags. Converted staff lines retain and display note values and articulations, taking the guesswork out of sight while reading tablature notation.
- Chord Editor
- Get precision recognition of chord symbols and guitar fret diagrams. Chord configurations can be edited, added, or changed on-the-fly. Chord symbols are automatically updated when key signatures are transposed.
- MIDI Event Editing
- SmartScore is also a full-featured MIDI sequencer. View and edit in the familiar piano roll, overview, and event list formats. 2-way transparency allows for editing changes to be automatically updated between notation and MIDI views.
- Transpose and print directly from SmartScore. Open your score in Finale with just one button. You can save it as MIDI or MusicXML. You can also burn voices, parts, or entire score to CD audio using Garritan sounds.
- Garritan Sound Library
SmartScore X2 includes a large subset of Garritan jazz, pop, and orchestral instrument sounds. Garritan sounds are digitally sampled sound libraries that realistically reproduce musical instruments in performance. They are carefully recorded samples of actual musical instruments and are not electronically synthesized. A list of the following sounds comes included in every edition of SmartScore X2.
- Keyboards: Concert Grand Piano, Harpsichord, Pipe Organ Baroque, Vintage Electric Piano
- Woodwinds: Flute Solo, Flute Section, Piccolo Solo, Oboe Solo, Bb Clarinet Solo, Bassoon Solo, Alto Sax, Alto Sax Section, Tenor Sax, Bari Sax, Recorder
- Brass: French Horn Solo, French Horn Section, Trumpet Solo, Trumpet Section, Trombone Solo, Trombone Section, Euphonium Solo, Tuba Solo
- Orchestral Strings: Violin Solo, Violins Section, Viola Solo, Violas Section, Cello Solo, Cellos Section, Dbl Bass Solo, Basses Section, Full Strings Pizzicato
- Orchestral Percussion: Basic Orch Percussion, Marimba, Glockenspiel, Xylophone, Vibraphone, Timpani
- Rock/Pop/World: Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Fusion Drum Kit, Upright Bass, Jazz Fretted Bass
- Vocal: Choir Oohs, Choir Ahhs