The Musitek SmartScore X2 Piano Edition enables you to turn your scanner into a player piano. It lets you scan, play, transpose, and print out piano or solo sheet music. Audition nearly any piano arrangement in seconds. Transpose your score to a new key and print back out. It processes both multi-page PDF and .TIF files and is a suitable tool for the pianist, whether professional or student.
It recognizes PDF files from the Internet and comes with the New Prodigy Engine tm that captures nearly all nuances including articulations, dynamics, tempo, key, and time changes. It enables you to practice along at slow speeds without affecting the pitch. Mute, solo, or diminish volume of any staff or voice during playback. Separate contrapuntal parts (e.g. SATB). Center, resize, reformat, or reset margins using preset or custom templates to gain full control over your printed output. Burn playback to CD using authentic piano sounds from a complete library of world-class Garritan sounds, included free. It limited to 2 Staves per system with no recognition for text, lyrics, TAB, or precussion.
- Transpose and Print Piano or Solo Instrument Parts
- You have the right piano arrangement, but it’s in the wrong key. You have the correct instrumental part, but it’s in the wrong clef. Scan, edit, transpose and print out your song in a new key or clef in just minutes with the SmartScore X2 Piano Edition.
- Nudge Mode
- The SHIFT button has many options: Change note pitch, adjust beam angles, stem height and legatos. Fine-tune by nudging almost any symbol horizontally or vertically. Nudge a barline and the adjacent measures compress and expand while maintaining relative symbol positions.
- Notation to TAB to Notation
- Convert standard notation to TAB. Recognize TAB scores and convert to notation. With SmartScore's smart fingering algorithm, fingerings will automatically conform to "best practices" for string players: lowest hand position and closest fingerings as possible.
- Complex Symbols Recognition and Editing
- Superior recognition and editing of complex symbols such as cross-staff beams and voices, key and time signatures including change-of-key and change-of-time.
- Document Setup and Preview
- Control how your document will look when printed. Select preset margins and preview the layout: center, right, or left align, with or without header page. Apply or modify a preset layout or create and save your own custom layout.
- Transpose and print directly from SmartScore. Open your score in Finale with just a button. Save as MIDI or MusicXML. Burn voices, parts, or entire score to CD audio using Garritan sounds.
- Garritan Sound Library
SmartScore X2 includes a large subset of Garritan jazz, pop, and orchestral instrument sounds. Garritan sounds are digitally sampled sound libraries that realistically reproduce musical instruments in performance. They are carefully recorded samples of actual musical instruments and are not electronically synthesized. A list of the following sounds comes included in every edition of SmartScore X2.
- Keyboards: Concert Grand Piano, Harpsichord, Pipe Organ Baroque, Vintage Electric Piano
- Woodwinds: Flute Solo, Flute Section, Piccolo Solo, Oboe Solo, Bb Clarinet Solo, Bassoon Solo, Alto Sax, Alto Sax Section, Tenor Sax, Bari Sax, Recorder
- Brass: French Horn Solo, French Horn Section, Trumpet Solo, Trumpet Section, Trombone Solo, Trombone Section, Euphonium Solo, Tuba Solo
- Orchestral Strings: Violin Solo, Violins Section, Viola Solo, Violas Section, Cello Solo, Cellos Section, Dbl Bass Solo, Basses Section, Full Strings Pizzicato
- Orchestral Percussion: Basic Orch Percussion, Marimba, Glockenspiel, Xylophone, Vibraphone, Timpani
- Rock/Pop/World: Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Fusion Drum Kit, Upright Bass, Jazz Fretted Bass
- Vocal: Choir Oohs, Choir Ahhs