The black Amphibious 7X 1TB External Mobile Pocket Drive from Rocstor is a technologically advanced two-factor authentication, real-time, hardware encrypted external drive.Designed and engineered to satisfy the requirements of demanding security concerned professionals, Amphibious can also support a fast Solid State Drive. It is designed to be both bootable and bus-powered and is compatible with MS Windows and Macintosh environments without any software installation. A secure and cutting-edge hardware-based encryption chipset is integrated into the internal circuitry of the Amphibious. The cryptographic encryption module contains features such as Advanced Encryption Standard Algorithm AES-256 bit key strength and real-time encryption so that there is virtually zero time in encrypting and decrypting the data. With the CBC mode, the encryption chipset bears certifications from the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and US Federal Information Processing Standard FIPS Level 2 for a Cryptographic Module. The Amphibious is authenticated by a secure (ISO7816, compliance) smartcard and password (pin number), which is inserted for authentication and removed soon after the device is authenticated, and then ready for secure data transfer. A unique feature of Amphibious 7X Mobile is that it has an embedded keypad allowing you to key in your PIN directly onto the unit. This ensures protection from key-loggers that may be recording your keystrokes on your computer. Together with full disk encryption and smartcard-based authentication, these features give you the ultimate level of protection with an unrivaled ease of use. The Amphibious is a hardware-based encryption device that secures data in a SATA hard disk or Solid State Drive against hackers and information thieves. Uniquely designed as a bump-in-the-wire device on the SATA cable, the Amphibious requires no mounting and simply plugs in between the SATA connector on the motherboard and the hard disk drive. It operates transparently and encrypts all data written onto the hard disk without any loss in disk performance. Amphibious does not require any additional software drivers or applications to be installed and is fully independent of the operating system. Once deployed, users would be assured that all the data on the Amphibious 7X is fully protected from unauthorized access in the event the hard disk is lost or stolen. The data is accessible as long as the Amphibious 7X is powered ON.
- US Government Approved
- Rocstor has integrated the latest US Government PIV and CAC cards into the Amphibious 7X-Gov model and sold to US Government agencies only. The agency must be indentified and contacted before any information is released; the specifications herein stated may/will not bear the product specifications for a particular agency.
- Ideal for Corporate Consumers
- This model is capable of issuing blank smartcards for additional users. The consumer will be able to insert a specific blank FIPS certified smartcard and authorize the card to work with that particular device on hand; the Administration password is necessary to accomplish such tasks.
- Regulatory Compliance
- Amphibious 7X employs data encryption and pre-boot authentication, allowing organizations to better protect and control access to their corporate and customer records, thus complying with regulations such as Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Gramm-Leach-Bliley (GLB); it is also FCC and CE approved as well as ISO7816 compliant.
- Real-Time Hardware Encryption
- Amphibious Mobile authenticates the user every time it is plugged into your computer. To give your data the highest level of security, it uses a smartcard. You not only need to insert a smartcard, but also need to key in a password PIN before the drive becomes accessible. This authentication gives you the same level of security offered by bank ATM cards.
- Advanced Encryption
- Advanced Encryption Standard Algorithm AES-256 bit key strength.
- Real-Time Encryption
- Virtually zero time in encrypting and decrypting the data.
- Hardware Encryption
- Military grade hardware encryption (not software embedded in a chip).
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Smartcard and password protected.
- Cryptographic Engine
- The cryptographic engine is NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) of USA and CSE (Communications Security Establishment) of Canada certified hardware AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) algorithm.
- US (Federal Information Processing Standard) 140-2 Cryptographic Engine validated (FIPS Inside).
- No Software Installation Required or GUI Involved
- No software installation required or GUI involved for encryption or authentication.
- Special Features
Ruggedized pocket-size portable external storage drive
Bus powered (no adapter required)
Carrying case included
Incorporates SATA hard drive (up to 1TB) or Solid State Drive
USB and FireWire connections
Speeds up to 800 Megabytes per second
Compatible with both Windows and Macintosh environments