This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
This Underwater Housing from Ikelite is a waterproof case enabling you to shoot beneath the water's surface with your Nikon D7100 DSLR camera. It has a depth rating of 200'.
The housing provides access to all important camera functions via mechanical controls. The case is constructed from durable, corrosion-resistant polycarbonate, which is clear to enable you to monitor the O-ring seal and camera. Housing buoyancy is slightly negative in freshwater. A compatible lens port from Ikelite's Standard or Modular system is required and sold separately. Ports are available for most popular lenses. See Port Chart and Port Finder.
Though the camera's built-in flash is not usable, the housing supports electrical TTL flash exposure with optional external Ikelite DS Substrobes--without requiring the camera's built-in flash to fire. This gives you extended battery life and reduces or eliminates lag time between exposures. The electrical bulkhead and TTL circuitry for direct strobe connection are provided standard on the housing. Non-Ikelite strobes can also be used, but will provide manual exposure only (not TTL).
The housing features a glass optical viewfinder and includes a tray with comfortable rubber grips, as well as a set of lens zoom gears.
- Depth Rating
- Safe to use at a maximum depth of 200'
- Provides access to all camera functions except for Diopter Adjustment Control and Depth-of-field Preview Button via mechanical controls. Flash compensation with Ikelite DS Substrobes can be accessed conveniently through the housing with a large rear dial. Shutter, video recording start/stop, and a large zoom control knob can all be comfortably reached without removing your hands from the handles.
- Made of tough, corrosion-resistant polycarbonate, which is clear to enable you to monitor the O-ring seal and camera.
- Neutral or slightly negative in freshwater, depending upon choice of lens port.
- Lens Port
- A compatible lens port from Ikelite's Standard or Modular system is required (not included). Ports are available for most popular lenses, and can be removed and replaced quickly with a simple positive locking system. See Port Chart and Port Finder linked above.
- TTL Flash Metering
Camera's built-in flash is not usable, but housing supports electrical TTL flash exposure with optional external Ikelite DS Substrobes--without requiring the camera's built-in flash to fire. This extends battery life and reduces or eliminates lag time between exposures. Electrical bulkhead and TTL circuitry for direct strobe connection are provided standard on the housing. Non-Ikelite strobes can also be used, but will provide manual exposure only (not TTL).
Exposure with a current DS Substrobe can be adjusted quickly through the back of the housing using a large dial control. TTL mode provides four 1/3 f/stop increments over or under flash compensation to fine-tune exposure. Alternatively, you can control strobe output completely through the back of the housing using one of 7 manual power settings provided in 1/2-stop increments.
- The glass optical viewfinder provides an alternative to the camera's LCD screen when composing your shots
- Includes removable tray with dual handles. Comfortable rubberized grips provide quick-release attachment points for strobes, video lights and accessories.
- Zoom Gear Sleeves
- Two sets of zoom gears are supplied: one for use with most popular large-diameter zoom lenses, and the other for use with standard, smaller-diameter zooms. Each set includes a zoom clamp and sleeve. Secure attachment to a variety of lens ports is easy
- Recommended Accessories
- PRO-2800 LED video light produces 2800 lumens with a natural, daylight-balanced color temperature and 100° angle of coverage. Doubles as a great focus light for macro photography, too. Ikelite's 4103.51 single or 4103.52 dual sync cord is available for connection of optional external Ikelite DS-series Substrobe, and other sync cords are available for attaching third-party strobes from Nikonos, Sea & Sea or Inon. Additionally, various arm components can be purchased for the attachment of strobes, video lights and more.