The 3TB miniStack MAX Quad Interface External Hard Drive from Newer Technology is a four-in-one storage, data access and connectivity solution. It puts the diverse functionality of a high-capacity hard drive, Blu-ray/CD/DVD optical drive, SD card reader and USB powered hub into a single elegant aluminum finish enclosure. A perfect complement for any Mac or PC, yet sized to match the footprint of the Mac mini, miniStack MAX offers fully bootable data storage/backup along with three USB ports for powering and charging external devices.An integrated SD card reader (SDXC) conveniently located on the front of the drive makes transferring photos and video from digital cameras easier than ever. In addition, an internal optical drive offering DVD/CD read/write and Blu-ray read only capabilities completes your digital workflow needs without adding extra cords and clutter. If you are looking for massive capacity in a desktop space-saving design or want to give your notebook more functionality while on the go, then this product is ideal for your needs. The miniStack MAX can stack upon itself to create a "tower of power," yet is lightweight and compact so you can enjoy the power of desktop accessories wherever you go.
- Professional-Level Storage
- With up to 4TB of capacity, the miniStack Max is ready to handle the demands of extended storage or backup. It's also great for intensive data access such as professional audio and video editing. A quad interface allows you to choose the data connection that suits your workflow - USB 3.0/2.0, FireWire 800/400 or eSATA with data transfer speeds of up to 300 MBps. The miniStack Max is the perfect solution for storing your entire music, photo and video libraries and even burning backups via the internal optical drive.
- Restores Optical Drive Convenience
- Whether you have a new Mac mini that no longer includes an optical drive or have a legacy model with an inoperative drive, the miniStack Max fills the gap when you need to install software from CD or DVD, load music into iTunes, access archived photos or watch Blu-ray and DVD movies on your computer.
- Reads SD Memory Cards in a Flash
- The integrated SD card reader (SDXC) on the front of the miniStack Max makes transferring photos and video easy. Moreover, it helps keep your desktop clean by eliminating the need for an external card reader and yet another cable.
- Connect and Charge Digital Devices
- Three powered USB ports on the back make the miniStack Max a convenient digital hub for connecting external devices like iPhones, mice or keyboards. One of the USB ports is a high-powered 2.1 A slot, making it ideal for charging an iPad or other devices that require more power than provided by standard USB connections.
- Other Features
Fully bootable and ideal for backup, audio, video, photography and general storage needs
Durable aluminum designed body complements Mac aluminum finish
Optical read/write CD/DVD and read-only Blu-ray drive
USB 3.0/2.0 powered hub:
- Two ports for powering/charging common desktop accessories and digital devices
- One port with 2.1 A power for devices that require higher charging power like the iPad
MagLev fan (same as used in the Mac mini) offers frictionless, whisper-quiet operation
Integrated Kensington security slot for theft prevention
Smart power switch - in switched-on position, the hard drive powers up and down in tandem with the computer* 1