The Samsung ATIV Book 5 NP540U4E-K01US 14" Ultrabook Computer measures in at 0.51" thin and weighs just 4.19 pounds. The ATIV Book 5 features an aluminum chassis and a mineral ash black finish for a durable, ultra-slim and ultraportable design.
The 14" widescreen LED-backlit display is a capacitive touchscreen, which utilizes the multi-touch gestures integrated into Windows 8. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000. You can also output video to an external display via the HDMI port.
The system is powered by a dual-core Ivy Bridge 1.8GHz Intel Core i5-3337U processor. It also has 4GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, a 500GB 5400rpm hard drive with a 24GB ExpressCache, a 3-in-1 media card reader, an Ethernet RJ-45 LAN jack, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in JBL stereo speakers with SoundAlive technology.
Windows 8 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
ATIV Book 5
- 14" LED-Backlit Capacitive Touchscreen
- The ATIV Book 5 features a 14" LED-backlit display. Its 1366 x 768 native resolution provides sharp text, detailed picture quality and vibrant color. The screen is also a capacitive touchscreen so you'll be able utilize all the multi-touch gestures incorporated into Windows 8. Since the screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio, you'll be able to play 720p HD video content natively. You can also output video to an external display via the HDMI port
- Dual-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5 Performance
- The ATIV Book 5 houses an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5-3337U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.8GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 2.7GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With a dedicated 3MB L3 cache, 4GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to multitask between applications quickly and efficiently
- Ultraportable Design
- With an aluminum enclosure, the ATIV Book 5 measures 0.51" thin and weighs just 4.19 pounds. The ATIV Book 5 provides ultraportability and versatility. Its ultra-slim profile makes it easy to slip the ATIV Book 5 into a bag or a case
- Intel Wireless Display
- The 14" LED-backlit widescreen display works great while on the road, but the ATIV Book 5 also lets you stream content to your HDTV wirelessly. With built-in Intel Wireless Display (WiDi) technology in the ATIV Book 5, you can view all your photos and videos wirelessly on an Intel WiDi compatible external display. You can also use displays without built-in Intel WiDi technology by using an optional TV adapter, such as the Netgear Push2TV (sold separately). Experience all your content in full 1080p HD on your big-screen HDTV
- JBL Stereo Speakers with SoundAlive Technology
- Enjoy realistic sound and a richer multimedia experience through powerful, custom tuned JBL stereo speakers. Experience enhanced movies and music in high definition audio quality while also making the most of your home or office space with the convenience of built-in speakers
- Stay Connected
- The ATIV Book 5 utilizes 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi so you'll be able to connect to wireless networks with ease. Bluetooth 4.0 technology is also included, which allows you to connect wirelessly to Bluetooth-enabled peripherals and accessories
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it
- Seamless Integration of Multi-Touch Gestures
- Windows 8 supports multi-touch gestures. Now, you can use your keyboard, mouse or the touchpad using simple gestures. Whether you're browsing apps, reading a book or typing on the go with touch, you'll be able to seamlessly switch between all three interactive components. With the touchpad, Windows 8 allows you to use multi-touch gestures, such as swipe, drag, tap, slide, pinch-to-zoom and more
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it