The KIRAbook 13.3" i5 Ultrabook Computer from Toshiba features a magnesium alloy enclosure for a durable, ultra-slim and ultraportable design. Measuring 0.70" thin and weighing just 2.6 pounds, the Toshiba KIRAbook embodies the very definition of an Ultrabook. The Toshiba KIRAbook also features a stabilizing hinge to minimize screen movement while you're using the KIRAbook.
One of the most notable features of the Toshiba KIRAbook is its screen. The 13.3" LED-backlit display has a large 2560 x 1440 native resolution, resulting in 221 pixels per inch (ppi). Since the screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio, it supports Full HD 1080p video playback natively. You can also output video to an external display via the HDMI port or using Intel Wireless Display (WiDi).
The system is powered by a dual-core Ivy Bridge 1.8GHz Intel Core i5-3337U processor. It also has 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, a 256GB solid state drive, a multi-format media card reader, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, Intel Wireless Display (WiDi), an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in harman/kardon stereo speakers with DTS Studio Sound technology.
Windows 8 (64-bit) replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
The Toshiba KIRAbook
- 13.3" PixelPure WQHD LED-Backlit Display
- The Toshiba KIRAbook features a 13.3" WQHD LED-backlit display. Its 2560 x 1440 native resolution provides up to 90% more pixel density than traditional high definition resolutions. With 221 pixels per inch (ppi), you'll be able to experience sharp text, detailed picture quality and vibrant color. Since the screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio, you'll be able to play Full HD 1080p video content natively. You can also output video to an external display via the HDMI port
- Dual-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5 Performance
- The Toshiba KIRAbook houses an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5-3337U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.8GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 2.7GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With a dedicated 3MB L3 cache, 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to multitask between applications quickly and efficiently
- Ultraportable Design
- With a magnesium alloy enclosure, the Toshiba KIRAbook measures 0.70" thin and weighs just 2.6 pounds. The KIRAbook also features a stabilizing hinge to keep the screen in place while you type and navigate through Windows 8
- harman/kardon Stereo Speakers with DTS Studio Sound
- The built-in harman/kardon stereo speakers on the Toshiba KIRAbook provide good sound quality, thanks to DTS Studio Sound technology. If you prefer headphones for some privacy, you can plug them into the 3.5mm headphone and microphone combo jack. The combo jack also utilizes Toshiba Sleep and Music, which allows you to play music from an MP3 player through the KIRAbook's speakers even when the KIRAbook is not turned on
- Intel Wireless Display
- The 13.3" LED-backlit widescreen display works great while on the road, but the Toshiba KIRAbook also lets you stream content to your HDTV wirelessly. With built-in Intel Wireless Display (WiDi) technology in the Toshiba KIRAbook, you can view all your photos and videos wirelessly on an Intel WiDi compatible external display. You can also use displays without built-in Intel WiDi technology by using an optional TV adapter, such as the Netgear Push2TV (sold separately). Experience all your content in full 1080p HD on your big-screen HDTV
- Frameless LED-Backlit Keyboard
- The keyboard on the Toshiba KIRAbook features a frameless design. Each key is LED-backlit so you'll be able to type in low-lit environments. Additionally, the contour of each key was designed for maximum typing comfort
- Stay Connected
- The Toshiba KIRAbook utilizes 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi so you'll be able to connect to wireless networks with ease. Bluetooth 4.0 technology is also included, which allows you to connect wirelessly to Bluetooth-enabled peripherals and accessories
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it