The Silhouette Portrait Electronic Cutting Tool is a cutting machine designed for personal and home use. Similar to a home printer, it connects to your computer via a USB 2.0 cable and utilizes a small, adjustable blade to produce die-cut designs on paper, cardstock, adhesive vinyl, fabric, heat transfer material, and other specialty materials. The Portrait accepts material up to 8" wide and 10' long with a maximum media thickness of 31.5 mils. Designs as narrow as 0.25" can be cut and it also has the ability to register and cut around existing prints.
Fifty exclusive cutting designs are included to begin with, and more are available via the Silhouette web store for a greater range of applications. The Silhouette Studio design software is also included, which enables the cutting of pre-loaded fonts on your computer as well as any new or pre-loaded digital designs.
- Print full-color images on your home printer and cut them out with your Portrait.
- Cut fonts already installed on your computer or download new designs from the Silhouette Online Store.
- Easily adjust your designs and text to cut as narrow as 0.25" and up to 8" wide and 10' long.
- Accepts a wide variety of media types, up to 31.5 mils-thick, including paper, cardstock, adhesive vinyl, fabric, heat transfer material, and other specialty materials.
- Replace your blade holder with a Silhouette sketch pen to sketch digital designs.
- Includes 50 unique designs as well as software for customizing and scaling designs to specific media.