The D-Link Boxee Cloud DVR is a digital media player that bridges the gap between digital media and your HDTV. Supporting 720p or 1080p output via HDMI, the Boxee Cloud DVR lets you stream media from your computer or the Internet via 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi or a standard Ethernet interface for playback on your TV. IT supports streaming from a variety of entertainment apps including Netflix, VUDU, YouTube, Pandora, Spotify, MLB.TV and more. It also features dual USB 2.0 ports for local file access. The device even supports a variety of video and audio file formats for greater compatibility with your USB and DLNA files.
The Boxee Cloud DVR supports streaming from your cable service provider for regular TV access. Plus, you can connect the included antenna and watch dozens of Free HD TV channels. However, not all stations are available in HD and not all stations are available in all areas. D-Link also offers optional No Limits DVR. A monthly fee is required, but the No Limits DVR also lets you enjoy your Boxee Cloud DVR content from anywhere. You can use your mobile device to view your recordings from anywhere. You can control the Boxee Cloud DVR with your mobile device as well. Other features include an easy-to-use remote control, a simple setup process and social network access through the device's social channel guide.
- Free TV Access
- ABC, CBS, CW, FOX, NBC, PBS and more are all available on Boxee Cloud DVR using your existing cable subscription. And, if you get good reception, you can use the included digital antenna and get these channels for free in HD and surround sound. Free TV (ATSC) reception may not be available in all areas and ClearQAM access may not be available from all cable providers. All channels are subject to local broadcast availability and not all channels may be available in all locations or in HD.
- Optional No Limits DVR
- Boxee's No Limits DVR literally places no limits to how much you can record, as well as no limits to where you can watch - on your phone, tablet, laptop or TV. However, the endless storage does require a monthly fee.
- Access Internet Apps
- Boxee Cloud DVR brings your favorite Internet Apps to the big screen. You can stream Netflix, VUDU, YouTube, Pandora, Spotify, MLB.TV and more directly to your TV. Access movies, TV series and music - all delivered right to your HDTV screen.
- Watch & Share With Friends
- Boxee's social channel guide let's you see what TV shows your friends are watching and share what you like on Facebook and Twitter. Get recommendations from the people you trust most, or tell your friends about what you're watching.
- Local File Playback
- Boxee Cloud DVR can play popular media file types without any hassle - using either DLNA home network content or through the integrated USB ports. This allows you to view your personal movies, photos and music on the big screen.
- Anywhere Access
- Browse your viewing options and control the Boxee Cloud DVR with your smartphone and tablet. Or, you can use your mobile device to view your recordings from anywhere if you purchase the Boxee unlimited DVR.
- Easy to Connect
- Setting up Boxee Cloud DVR is fast and easy. Just plug your Boxee Cloud DVR into the wall, connect it to your TV's HDMI input and turn your Boxee Cloud DVR on. Use the included remote to follow the on-screen instructions.