The Alpha-Link LIVE-R from Solid State Logic is a versatile, high-quality, fixed configuration audio converter unit. It can be used to provide local or remote I/O for both C100 HDS and C10 HD consoles or alternatively as a stand-alone format converter. The Alpha-Link LIVE-R unit provides 24 balanced analog inputs and outputs (with high-quality 24-bit analog conversion) and 12 AES input and output pairs (with 8 channels of 24-bit sample rate conversion). It connects to the console using fully redundant MADI over fiber to ensure absolute signal integrity and with embedded control data; remote control of IO parameters from the console is achieved with minimum cabling. The Alpha-Link LIVE-R is configurable to suit US broadcast analog interface levels. The Alpha-Link LIVE-R is suitable for studio, live, and broadcast applications and includes redundant PSUs, all fitted into a compact 2U rack.
The unit offers simple front panel controls for configuration and a comprehensive input / output routing matrix which can be used to set up global connections between the various I/O connections and makes all combinations possible. There is also a meter section for the analog inputs and outputs with an AD / DA selection button, mode indicator LEDs, and 24 tri-color level LEDs.
The Alpha-Link LIVE-R unit can be used as stand-alone format converter. In stand-alone mode, all input and output channels can be used simultaneously in any configuration. When used as a stand-alone converter, the front panel controls for Alpha-Link LIVE-R are used for format conversion configuration. When used in combination with an SSL C10 HD or C100 HDS console, it provides a powerful, highly flexible I/O solution which is especially suited to broadcast applications. When connected to a C10 HD or C100 HDS console, the Alpha-Link LIVE-R provides automatic fiber redundancy switching, and remote control of up to 3 Alpha-Link 8-RMP Mic preamps is possible.
- Redundant MADI Fiber I/O connections
- MADI I/O can be locked to the C10 HD and C100 HDS highly stable clocks
- Selectable as a Clock Master device or can be externally synchronized to AES/EBU, Wordclock, or video sync
- Twenty-four balanced analog I/O
- Twelve pairs of AES Digital I/O
- Fiber MADI guarantees pristine audio
- Embedded control data simplifies cabling and operation
- Analog input/output metering via 24 tricolor LEDs
- 56- or 64-channel MADI modes
- Supports Fs and 2Fs formats in either high-speed or legacy modes
- USB interface for firmware updates
- Compact 2U rack enclosure
- Redundant PSUs as standard