The Nord Piano 2 HP 73-Key Digital Piano and Synthesizer features a 73-key hammer-action keyboard and is compatible with the Nord Piano and Sample Libraries, which are included. All of the sounds in the library are replaceable with library additions from Nord via the included Nord Sound Manager software. The Piano 2 HP can split and layer sounds from both libraries, allowing you to create a variety of unique set ups and sounds from the libraries provided.
The piano section includes Grand, Upright, two versions of Electric Piano, Clavinet, and Harpsichord categories with 40 or 60 voice polyphony based on mono or stereo modes. The Grand and Upright piano sounds feature Advanced String Resonance, which emulates the naturally occurring resonance of piano strings when other notes are played. The included Nord Triple Pedal has Soft and Sustenuto pedals and enables half-pedaling and release and catch techniques. The Piano 2 HP also recreates mechanical pedal noise caused by the lifting and releasing of pedals on a piano.
The sample synth section provides control for the attack, release and volume of the included samples and supports the creation of your own sample instruments via the included Nord Sample Editor software. The Piano 2 HP features dedicated knobs and buttons for functions frequently used in live or performance scenarios, allowing for quick access to parameters such as transposition, setting a split point, or layering sounds.
- Effects Section
The Nord Piano 2 HP has an Effect section with tweakable effects. Each effect section can be assigned to either the Piano or the Sample Synth section and lets you add some dirt, glimmer or atmosphere to your sound
- Effect 1 - Pan, Tremolo, Auto-wah (stereo)
- Effect 2 - Phaser, Flanger and Chorus (stereo)
- Delay - Stereo delay effect with Tap Tempo button
- Three band EQ, with sweepable mid
- Compressor/Amp - Twin, JC, Small (mono), Tube distortion (stereo) and compressor (stereo)
- Reverb with six algorithms - Room 1 & 2, Stage 1 & 2, Hall 1 & 2
- The Nord Piano 2 HP has dedicated knobs and buttons for all vital functions you need in a performance situation. Transposing, setting up a split point or creating a layered sound is accomplished in seconds. There are 240 locations, organized in 2 banks with 24 pages with 5 programs each. It also has 5 Live locations that automatically save the current settings - ideal as a sketching pad at rehearsals when trying out new sound combinations in the search of the perfect sound
- MIDI Over USB
- The USB-port also serves as a USB-MIDI interface. No driver required for Mac OS X and a WHQL certified driver is available for Windows
- Monitor Input
- Plug your MP3 or CD player to the Nord Piano 2 HP monitor input to play along, rehearse to or jam with previously recorded music without the need of an external mixer or sound system. The signal is monitored through the headphone output