The DCCP847DYE Mini PC NUC Kit from Intel is a compact system that fits in the palm of your hand and packs the performance of a dual-core Intel Celeron 847 processor with integrated Intel HD Graphics. It features two SODIMM slots that can accept up to 16GB of DDR3 1333 MHz of RAM. For long-term storage, it has room to hold an mSATA drive connected to the full PCIe mini card slot for providing quick access to your data. It also features two HDMI video ports for delivering high-definition content to your monitor or TV. In addition to outputting video, the system features an infrared sensor that you can use an optional remote to control it right from your couch.
This NUC connects to the Internet for downloading online videos using the Gigabit Ethernet jack. For connecting with your peripherals, it offers three USB 2.0 ports. To save desk space, the system may be mounted to a wall or the back of your VESA-compatible monitor using the included VESA mount bracket. Moreover, you may personalize this system with different styles and features by replacing the lid. When fully equipped, the Intel NUC mini PC is designed for everyday use and gives you the power to play, create, and entertain.
- Processing and Graphics
- This NUC is equipped with a 1.1 GHz Intel Celeron 847 processor featuring visibly smart graphics using Intel HD Graphics to provide enhanced performance and improved graphics for casual and online gaming, video playback, and web browsing. Having two cores also allows the system to run multiple programs at the same time without slowing down the computer.
- Infrared Capability
- As the NUC was designed especially for home theaters, this system features a front panel infrared sensor, which allows wireless communication with infrared-compatible devices, such as remote controls, keyboards, and other devices.
- Intel Visual BIOS
- The BIOS with a configuration-friendly, easy-to-use interface lets you customize settings while reducing the risk of damaging your system. Whether you want to prioritize boot order, change the BIOS password, enable overclocking, or set fan speed, Intel Visual BIOS gives you total control.
- Compatible with Linux
- Linux can be installed, either as the primary OS or as a separate partition alongside Windows. Certain versions of Linux are specifically adapted to be used as a Home Theater PC (HTPC).
- Quiet Cooling
- The system features active cooling with minimal noise through the use of one fan.
- Kensington Lock Support
- Features a slot for a Kensington lock to be used in order to deter theft.