The PD-501HR DSD/PCM/CD Player from Teac delivers high audio quality with 5.6MHz DSD file native playback and up to 24-bit/192kHz PCM recording on DVD discs. The player incorporates VACS (Vibration Acoustic Control Structure) to control vibrations, separate power supplies for analog and digital sections, frequency response of 20 to 80 kHz , S/N ratio of 116 dB, dynamic range of 118 dB, 0.004% of THD on PCM playback, and a BlackFin processor for signal processing.
Advanced Digital Circuits for Fine Audio Formats
- 5.6 MHz DSD Disc Playback Without the Need for a PC Connection
- The PD-501HR plays back DSD files recorded to DVD discs, thereby eliminating the need for any PC. Conventional DVD writing software is capable of burning DSD discs, by writing dsf files to recordable DVD discs (DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW). 1
- DSD Native Playback by Pure Mode
- Conventional DSD processors convert PCM files prior to converting to an analog signal. The PD-501HR employs a Pure Mode, directly processing DSD into an analog signal. This lets you enjoy pure DSD sound that is not possible with normal PCM-conversion.
- 24 bit/192 kHz PCM File Playback
- The PD-501HR also supports PCM file (wav format) and up to 24 bit/192 kHz of high-resolution audio without the need for a PC connection.
Pure Audio Circuits, Designed with a Classic Audio Theory
- VACS (Vibration Acoustic Control Structure)
- While reading signals from a rotating disc, vibrations can cause a read error and negatively affect the sound quality by missing some of the original data on the disc. To eliminate vibrations and reach apt data reading, the PD-501HR employs a vibration control mechanism, VACS, for a smooth rotation.
- Cirrus Logic's Flagship DSD-Supported DAC CS4398
- CS4398 by Cirrus Logic is utilized to achieve 120 dB of dynamic range. The CS4398 also employs un-damped volume control and a Mismatch Shaping Technology to eliminate distortion caused by capacitor mismatching.
- JRC NJM5532 for Operational Amplifier on Analog Section
- The field-proven and well-reputed JRC's NJM5532 operational amplifier has been applied to the analog circuits.
- 6-Layer Circuit Boards to Simplify Signal Paths
- In order to reduce the signal paths throughout the circuits, each part has been carefully laid out on 6-layer glass-epoxy motherboards. This design reduces and simplifies the signal paths and helps improve the sound quality.
- Separated Power Supply Units for Digital and Analog Sections as well as Cleaner Power Supply
- Separate power supply units for the digital and analog sections help prevent digital noise that can leak across the sections over the current. Schottky Barrier Diodes are also employed on the rectifier circuit to supply cleaner current by eliminating rectification noise.
- High Audio Performance
- The PD-501HR is a high-performing CD player with 20 to 80 kHz of frequency response, 116 dB of S/N ratio, 118 dB dynamic range, and 0.004% of THD on PCM playback
- Max Power Consumption: 11W - Green Technology
- The PD-501HR maintains low power consumption, without sacrificing sound quality. With a maximum 11W of power consumption, a selectable power saving mode and 0.1W of power consumption during standby, the PD-501HR can truly be called green technology.
- A Full-Metal Construction and A4-sized Small Footprint for Any Desktop Set-up
- Not only the front panel, but both the side and top panels are made of aluminum and attached to a robust steel chassis. These heavy parts eliminate vibrations and allow all internal circuits to always perform under stable conditions. An A4-sized body allows users to place the unit in small spaces. The PD-501HR defines a standard that fits all modern interiors with great space-saving design and a timeless presence.
- Well-Designed User Interface
- Spun, metal-finished transport buttons with short stroke and an easy-to-recognize toggle switch gives the user assured operation. Even the remote control is designed with an aluminum facia on top for a luxurious finish.
- Center-mount mechanism design with a slot-in drive
- BlackFin processor for signal processing
- Organic EL display with dimmer
- Remote control
- 1 Optical digital output
- 1 Coaxial digital output
- 1 Analog unbalanced RCA output
- 3-polar AC socket with a detachable AC cable