The H-Series H479 3D Printer from Afinia provides an accurate and user-friendly approach to consumer 3D printing. The H479 ships fully assembled which allows you to focus on setting the platform level and printing height for optimal 3D printing. With a building platform of 5.5 x 5.5 x 5.3" area, the H479 utilizes a platform perforated board to ensure your 3D models print firmly on the surface of the building platform yet make it easy to remove. The platform perforated board also saves you some time since you only have to wait for the extruder to heat up.
The H479 comes with one roll filament of natural color. The filament is made of plastic ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene), which is designed to the extruding specification of the H479. The supports and raft break easily away from your 3D model resulting in a fine finish while keeping high dimensional tolerances.
Post printing production is just as important as the actual 3D printing process. Afinia included several accessories that you can use to remove excess ABS material as well as edit your 3D model with ease. Some of the accessories are a utility knife with six different types of blades, a spatula for removing the 3D model safely from the building platform, a large pair of tweezers, an extruding wrench, a pair of snipping pliers, an Allen wrench with spare screws, a filament feeder tube and a pair of work gloves.
The H479 connects to your PC or Mac computer via a USB connection (a USB cable is included). The H479 works with Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating systems as well as Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and higher. It is also recommended that you use the included Afinia 3D printing software for optimal results.
- Building Platform
- The H479 has a building platform of 5.5 x 5.5 x 5.3". The building platform uses perforated boards (similar to the ones used to make circuit boards) as a base for 3D models. Perforated boards allow for accurate 3D printing, easy post printing removal and do not require to be heated up to be effective. This cuts down on 3D printing time since you will only need to wait for the extruder to heat up, which usually doesn't take long. While the building platform may look unfinished due to the perforated boards being held in place with binder clips, the binder clips actually hold up surprisingly well. The binder clips are also easy to replace if they become damaged and a cost-effective alternative to a fixed clamp or hinge on the H479 in the event of a malfunction
- Layer Thickness & ABS Plastic Filaments
- The H479 has a layer thickness of 0.006 to 0.016" for 3D models. For the most reliable performance, the H479 uses ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) plastic filament of natural color. The included ABS plastic filament was designed specifically to the extruding specification of the H479. The supports and raft materials break easily away from your 3D print models while maintaining high dimensional tolerances
- Windows & Mac Compatible
- The H479 is compatible with both Windows and Mac computers. The H479 can print 3D models from a PC or a Mac computer via a USB connection with the proper drivers and software. The included Afinia 3D software supports STL (stereolithography) files of 3D System's CAD software. The automated function of Afinia's software works well, producing high quality 3D models. Afinia utilizes support material to ensure 3D models come out the way they should. However, advanced users may feel encumbered by this option. Afinia has said that they will give advanced users the option to turn off support entirely in a future software update
- Included Accessories
- Post print production is very important to 3D printing. After a 3D model is printed, you will have to remove it from the building platform. Fortunately, the perforated board and the included spatula make removing the 3D model from the building platform relatively easy. You can also use the utility knife and an assortment of blades to scrape off any excess support and raft materials without damaging your 3D model. Tweezers and snipping pliers keep fine-tune your design while the filament feeder tube and wrenches help keep your H479 in optimal condition. The work gloves ensure you keep your hands safe while working on your 3D model