The silver 750GB Hawker HX USB 3.0, Encrypted Ruggedized Mobile Drive from Rocstor is designed and engineered to satisfy the requirements of demanding security concerned professionals. It can be easily moved from one computer to another and is protected from scratches by using the included carrying case. Furthermore, the Hawker is compatible with both Windows and Macintosh environments and requires no software installation.
The Hawker HX is outfitted with a hard drive that offers reliability and performance with a spin speed of 5400 rpm for both Mac and PC users. Moreover, it connects to your system via a USB 3.0 interface that transfers data at a rate up to 5,000 Mb/s.
The Hawker HX is made with aircraft-grade aluminum, making this enclosure both ruggedized and durable. An exclusive shock-absorbing mechanism (patent pending) is built into the enclosure to keep the hard drive suspended within the casing while dissipating the heat produced by the hard drive. The drive is designed this way to allow peak performance while operating at an optimal temperature. The bus-power feature offers the user added convenience by eliminating the need to carry nonstandard and sometimes hefty adapters and cables that are normally required to power typical drives.
One of the most secure and cutting-edge hardware-based encryption chipsets is integrated into the internal circuitry of the Hawker lines. The cryptographic encryption module contains features such as Advanced Encryption Standard Algorithm AES-256 bit key strength and real-time encryption so that there is virtually zero time in encrypting and decrypting the data. While in either CBC or ECB mode, the encryption chipset bears certifications from the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and FIPS Level 2 for a Cryptographic Module. The device is first authenticated by a digital key token, which is inserted for authentication and removed soon after the device is authenticated, and then ready for secure data transfer.
- Advanced Encryption
- Advanced Encryption Standard Algorithm AES-256 bit key strength
- Real-Time Encryption
- Features real-time encryption so that there is virtually zero time in encrypting and decrypting the data
- Hardware Encryption
- Hardware encryption not software embedded in a chip
- Cryptographic Engine
- The cryptographic engine is NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) of USA and CSE (Communications Security Establishment) of Canada certified hardware AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) algorithm.
- FIPS (US Federal Information Processing Standard) 140-2 Cryptographic Engine validated
- Secure key token for authentication
- No Software or GUI Involved or Required for Installation
- No software or GUI involved or required for installation (for encryption or authentication)
- Special Features
Pocket-size portable external storage drive
Ruggedized aluminum casing
Carrying case included
Incorporates SATA hard drive
USB 3.0 and eSATA connections
SuperSpeed USB 3.0 transfers up to 5,000 Mb/s
Enhanced with new shock-absorbents mechanism (patent in progress)
Compatible with both Windows and Macintosh environments
Bus powered (no adapter required)
Includes USB cable