The ATEN IC485SN Interface Converter is a 2-way converter for transparently converting RS-232 signals to and from RS-422/RS-485 signals in long-distance applications up to 4,000' (1,200m) and needs no external power supply.
The converter provides point to point/multidrop and simplex operations over distances of 4,000' (1,200m), thus permitting the creation of reliable long distance data communication systems using standard computer hardware.
- Data transmission controlled by RTS signals
- DCE/DTE selectable
- Point to point/multidrop and simplex/duplex operating modes
- Four wire full duplex and two wire half duplex
- Compact size
- Cable distance of up to 4,000' (1,200m)
- External power not required; power supplied by the RS-232 interface
- Supports baud rates up to 115.2 kbps
- OS Support: Windows 2000, Windows XP
- RoHS compliant