In this 3rd edition of the bestselling book Nikon Creative Lighting System Digital Field Guide from Wiley Publications, author and award-winning photographer Benjamin Edwards provides detailed coverage of three high-end speedlight flashes designed for Nikon DSLR cameras: the SB-910, SB-700 and SB-600. He also covers other Creative Lighting System components, including Nikon's wireless commander and macro speedlights.
Edwards begins with the basics and proceeds to demystify the complexities of using multiple speedlights, adjusting flash output, and setting up a wireless studio in a way that's understandable and approachable. Learn how to fill in shadows, reveal detail, and add a sense of motion or visual effects to your images, all with automatic ease and complete wireless control.
Benefit from detailed advice on lighting specific subjects, such as pets, products, and large groups, and on lighting particular events, including weddings, sports competitions, corporate events and more. The compact guide fits into your gear bag for convenient field reference.
- Quick Tour
- CHAPTER 1 Exploring the Nikon Creative Lighting System
- CHAPTER 2 Setting Up Your Nikon Speedlights
- CHAPTER 3 Flash Photography Fundamentals
- CHAPTER 4 Advanced Wireless Lighting
- CHAPTER 5 Setting Up a Portable Studio
- CHAPTER 6 Advanced Flash Techniques
- CHAPTER 7 Flash Techniques for Portrait Photography
- APPENDIX A Creative Lighting System Gallery
- APPENDIX B Resources
- APPENDIX C How to Use the Gray Card and Color Checker