This 6010B Active Two-Way 3" Studio Monitor from Genelec provides accurate sound reproduction in a very compact form factor. It excels in small rooms where the listener is within close proximity. Its die-cast aluminum enclosure features a rounded shape, which minimizes distortions caused by edge diffraction. The metal dome tweeter is surrounded by a smoothly-shaped Directivity Controlled Waveguide, which helps to create an even response when listening both on and off axis.
The 6010B is built with Intelligent Signal Sensing (ISS) technology which automatically activates the speaker when an audio signal is detected, and puts it into Standby Mode when no signal is present, reducing the energy consumption to less than 0.5 watts. The 6010B features a 12 watt low frequency amplifier for its 3" woofer, and a 12 watt high frequency amplifier for its 3/4" tweeter. The bass response is expanded by a rear-facing reflex port, and a separately available Genelec 5040 active subwoofer can be used to monitor a wider array of frequencies. On its own, the 6010B achieves a frequency response of 73 Hz to 21 kHz (-3 dB).
- An included Iso-Pod table stand insulates the speaker from vibration and enables you to tilt its position upward or downward
- Well-suited for professional multimedia installations, surround sound applications, and entertainment systems
- RCA input is compatible with a wide range of equipment, from portable music players to conventional computer sound cards, and multiple connection cables are included
- Rear-facing Tone Controls enable you to optimize the speaker to its environment
- Multiple mounting options: included wall bracket, rear 3/8" thread, and threaded holes for Omnimount, VESA and Sanus brackets
- Compatible mounting accessories are separately available
- Active crossover filters
- Automatic protection circuitry
- Designed by Genelec and Harri Koskinen