The 8020C Active Two-Way 4" Studio Monitor from Genelec provides an accurate reproduction of the source material in a compact design, which is best suited for use in small rooms and cramped work spaces. Its die-cast aluminum enclosure features a rounded shape, which minimizes distortions caused by edge diffraction. The metal dome tweeter is surrounded by a smoothly-shaped Directivity Controlled Waveguide, which helps to create an even response when listening both on and off axis.
The 8020C is built with Intelligent Signal Sensing (ISS) technology which automatically activates the speaker when an audio signal is detected, and puts it into Standby Mode when no signal is present, reducing the energy consumption to less than 0.5 watts. The 8020C features a 20 watt high frequency amplifier for its 3/4" tweeter, and a 20 watt low frequency amplifier for its 4" woofer. The bass response is expanded by a rear-facing reflex port, and a separately available Genelec 7050B active subwoofer can be used to monitor a wider array of frequencies.
- An included Iso-Pod table stand insulates the speaker from vibration and enables you to tilt its position upward or downward
- Well-suited for near-field studio monitoring, editing suites, small control rooms, surround sound applications, multimedia entertainment systems, and production vehicles
- Rear-facing Tone Controls enable you to optimize the speaker to its environment
- Multiple mounting options: 3/8" threaded hole on base, threaded holes for Omnimount brackets, and an included keyhole wall-mount adapter
- More compatible mounting accessories are separately available
- Front-facing volume knob
- Active crossover filters
- Driver unit protection circuitry
- Fully magnetically shielded