The Genelec 1032B 10" 2-Way Bi-Amplified Active Monitor (Single) Black Veneer is designed for high-power near-field monitoring such as in music studios, mobile vans, surround sound systems, multimedia installations, and TV broadcast facilities. The speaker consists of a 10" bass woofer, a 1" metal dome tweeter, a custom crossover network, and a removable rackmountable amplifier system on vibration isolators. The monitor utilizes a directivity control waveguide to balance the frequency spectrum, and a long-flow bass-reflex enclosure to improve low-end performance.
The monitor uses a parallel bandpass filter crossover network set to 1,800 Hz with acoustically complementary 24 dB/octave slopes. It includes an input sensitivity adjustment control from -6 dBu to +7 dBu which provides a maximum SPL range of 100 dB at 1 m on the lowest setting to 113 dB at 1 m on the highest setting. The monitor also includes three advanced tone controls with treble tilt, bass tilt, and bass roll-off for tuning the performance of the system to different acoustic environments.
The 10" bass woofer is loaded into a 24-liter cabinet, is amplified by 180 W short-term power, and can play down to 36 Hz. You can supplement the bass by adding a Genelec 7071A subwoofer for even more low-frequency extension. The 1" metal dome tweeter can play up to 23,000 Hz, is amplified by 120 W short-term power, and utilizes the directivity control waveguide to achieve phase and delay uniformity. Both the woofer and tweeter are magnetically shielded and utilize a thermal overload protection circuit. The monitor accepts a balanced signal via XLR connector and provides you with the controls to optimize the system performance for your listening position.
- Intelligent Signal-Sensing Power Manager
- The monitor features a power-sensing circuit for automatically putting the unit into standby mode if an audio signal has not been detected for one hour. While in standby mode, the monitor consumes less than 0.5 W of power
- Rackmountable Amplifier Section
- The monitor includes the option of detaching the amplifier plate from the box for mounting within a 19" rack. This helps with cooling the amplifier and making adjustment controls more accessible
- Bass-Reflex Enclosure
- To improve low-frequency response, the backfiring wave of the woofer is sent through a ported long-flow bass-reflex enclosure
- Directivity Control Waveguide
- To achieve treble phase and delay alignment, the metal dome tweeter utilizes the directivity control waveguide
- Treble Tilt, Bass Tilt, Bass Roll Off
- To adjust the monitor to different room acoustics, the amplifier includes treble tilt, bass tilt, and bass roll off controls.
- Adjustable Input Sensitivity
- To match the output of the monitor to your studio console, the amplifier includes an adjustable input sensitivity control between -6 to 7 dBu
- Built-In Protection Circuit
- To prevent thermal overload to the magnets in the woofer and tweeter, the amplifier includes a built-in overload protection circuit