The white Sony 32GB Xperia Tablet Z features a 10.1" HD Reality Display with capacitive multi-touch capabilities and 1920 x 1200 resolution. It supports the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system and it's equipped with 2GB of RAM and a 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon quad-core processor for fast multi-tasking and smooth switching between apps. This model affords 32GB of flash storage capacity as well. If that's not enough, you can use the microSD card slot to expand the memory by an additional 64GB.
The Xperia Tablet Z features a plethora of connectivity options as well. For wireless connectivity, it's equipped with Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0. It also supports one-touch mirroring, backup, listening and sharing - thanks to the tablet's NFC-based tap and connect functionality. You can even connect the tablet to a compatible TV using an MHL adapter (sold separately). MHL allows you to mirror the tablet display on your TV. Plus, it charges your device as well. Other connectivity features include DLNA streaming via Wi-Fi and Smart Connect, which lets you adjust the setup regarding how your tablet behaves when it connects to other devices.
For added durability, the Xperia Tablet Z is both water-resistant and dust-resistant. Plus, it features a tempered glass front panel with anti-shatter film. The tablet also features both front and rear cameras that are equipped with Sony's Exmor R for mobile image sensors. This affords better low-light shooting and high-quality video chatting - even in low light. The tablet's other major features include Adreno 320 graphics, Sony's Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2, compatibility with the universal remote control app, OmniBalance design symmetry and a convenient Battery STAMINA mode.
Display & Viewing
- HD Reality Display
- This tablet features a 10.1" HD Reality Display. Sony used the expertise from their BRAVIA TV engineers when developing the Xperia Tablet Z mobile screen, to bring you the same quality you'd expect from a top-quality HDTV. The Xperia Tablet Z also features a full wide color gamut that reproduces a wide color spectrum.
- Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- The second generation Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2 adds real-time contrast optimization to the sharpness enhancement, high-quality color management and noise reduction. Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2 is also able to analyze content type and adjust the image accordingly. Adding Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2 to the HD Reality Display makes for an intelligent screen - one that adapts automatically to display your content in the best way possible.
- Contrast Enhancement
- Contrast in images and video is enhanced by making the darkest parts slightly darker, which brings out details in the picture.
- Color Management & Noise Reduction
- Distortion and noise is reduced when streaming low-quality video from online sources, such as YouTube. Plus, noise is reduced both to individual frames and between frames, for clearer viewing.
- Sharpness Filter
- Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2 applies a sharpness filter to increase the overall detail level in the image. This is done by enhancing the edges and contrast without increasing noise.
- Cinema-Like Viewing
- With Sony's unique Movies app, widescreen viewing and advanced screen technology, the Xperia Tablet Z brings you a cinema-like film experience. The Movies app automatically downloads info on all the films that you have downloaded or side-loaded, and it lets you view them in high-quality resolution. Browse thousands of blockbusters on Video Unlimited and enjoy soundtracks in 3D surround sound.
- OptiContrast Panel
- Experience less glare with OptiContrast. Sony has eliminated a layer of air in the construction of the Xperia Tablet Z, bringing the touch panel closer to the display. This OptiContrast panel makes for less reflection and clearer viewing - even in bright sunlight. It also creates a seamlessly black surface when the HD tablet is turned off. By eliminating the sensor layer and integrating the sensor on the lens, Sony has also increased the responsiveness of the screen.
- Optional Screen Protector
- Sony offers an optional dedicated screen protector for your Xperia Tablet Z. It will keep your screen in pristine condition while maintaining optimal touch sensitivity. The Xperia Tablet Z viewing experience is unaffected and the screen protector is easy to apply.
- Works as a Universal Remote Control
- Xperia Tablet Z comes ready to double as a powerful universal remote that enables you to control devices all over the home. Power on the TV, change the tracks coming from your Bluetooth speaker, share content to other devices. Do it all from the Xperia Tablet Z - just set up IR remote (in the TV Sideview app) to control any device that has a remote control.
- TV Sideview App
- With TV Sideview you can check out what's on, read about the cast and related information, all while sharing and tweeting with your friends.
- Sony One-Touch Connectivity
- Based on NFC (near field communication), Sony's one-touch functions connect one device to another in a single tap. No wires, cables or fiddling with settings necessary.
- One-Touch Mirroring
- See photos from your tablet on your TV. Simply touch your tablet to the remote from your BRAVIA TV to activate screen mirroring.
- One-Touch Backup
- Whether you take pictures on your Xperia smartphone, tablet or camera, you can store them in the same place. The Sony Personal Content Station is a wireless hub for photos and videos.
- One-Touch Listening
- With one-touch listening, you can play the music on your Sony tablet or smartphone through a wireless speaker.
- One-Touch Sharing
- One-touch sharing lets you share photos, music and more between your Sony tablet and smartphone or NFC-enabled laptop.
- Easy Content Sharing
- The Xperia Tablet Z lets you "throw" content from your tablet to your Wi-Fi-enabled TV through screen mirroring or DLNA, or you can send your music to a speaker via Bluetooth. With an MHL cable, you can mirror your tablet's full user interface on your TV and enjoy films, games and more while charging. And the microSD slot enables you to add storage as well as transfer files easily.
- Smart Connect
- Make your life simpler by setting up how your smartphone behaves when it connects to other devices. Open your music player when you connect your headphones, organize your SmartWatch, or activate your alarm clock when your phone touches the charging dock. Smart Connect software lets you manage all your smart accessories.
- OmniBalance Design
- OmniBalance design balances technology and design. The tablet features subtly rounded edges and smooth, reflective surfaces on all sides. It's all held together by an innovative skeleton frame as well. The glass-panel front also has a seamless surface and enhanced reflective coating.
- Premium Materials
- The Xperia Tablet Z was designed in collaboration with Sony consumer electronics experts. Only premium materials were used throughout, including aluminum for the power button and durable tempered glass on the front.
- Thin & Lightweight
- For added touch sensitivity and a smaller size, the display is closer to the lens. This eliminated air layer, along with innovative construction and a skeleton frame, allows for a slimness of just 6.9mm and a weight of under 500 g.
- Designed for Entertainment
- The borders of the tablet have been developed so as not to affect your viewing. And Sony has given the Xperia Tablet Z 3D surround sound speakers, optimally placed so that your hands don't block the sound when you're holding your tablet.
- Sony Unified User Interface
- Whether you're on a Sony smartphone or tablet, you'll enjoy a consistent user interface on your device and in all your Sony Media apps.
- Water-Resistant & Dust-Resistant
- The Xperia Tablet Z features IP55 and IP57 ratings. This means that the tablet is water-resistant in up to 3.3' (1m) of water. It's also unaffected by 30 minutes under water and can even withstand water jets. It is dust-resistant as well.
- Anti-Shatter Glass
- The front panel of Xperia Tablet Z is made of durable tempered glass, with anti-shatter film.
Processor & Battery
- Quad-Core Processor
- The tablet's Sony software has been matched with the powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor. This advanced 1.5 GHz quad-core processor affords maximum performance, speed and incredible graphics - without draining your battery. Run multiple apps simultaneously, surf the web with no loading time and stream videos without a break. The Snapdragon S4 Pro processor is asynchronous as well, which means each core is powered up and down independently. You get the precise amount of power when you need it, without wasting power when you don't.
- Dedicated Adreno 320 GPU
- The Snapdragon S4 Pro has a dedicated Adreno 320 GPU (graphics processing unit). This is two times faster than the previous Adreno processor, which means you can play advanced, visually stunning 3D games and browse the web quickly and smoothly.
- Battery STAMINA Mode for Extended Life
- HD tablets use a lot of power, even when you're not actively using them. All those apps that you've had open are still running in the background, using unnecessary battery. The Xperia Tablet Z's Battery STAMINA mode saves you wasted battery drain by recognizing when your display is off and turning off functions you don't need, while keeping the notifications you want. As soon as you touch the screen and wake up your tablet, everything is up and running again.
- Get Only the Notices You Want
- With the Battery STAMINA mode, Wi-Fi and data traffic are disabled during standby, but you still receive alerts and alarms. As everyone has different needs, you can easily customize which apps you want to receive push notifications from - even in standby mode.
Front Camera & Rear Camera
- Rear-Facing 8.1MP Camera with Exmor R for Mobile
- The tablet's rear-facing camera lets you take HD pictures and videos - wherever and whenever. The 8.1MP camera is built with the same modules as leading Sony cameras. The Exmor R for mobile sensor is the mobile version of the Sony Exmor R sensor, which was developed to take better low-light photographs. The Xperia Tablet Z lets you take high-quality pictures with a tablet, with low noise level - even in low-light conditions. The rear camera also features a 16x digital zoom.
- Front-Facing HD Chat Camera
- Sony has also included their Exmor R for mobile sensor on the 2.2MP HD front camera. This means you'll be able to have high-quality video chats even in rooms with less than high-quality lighting conditions. The front camera supports 1080p video capture as well.
- Superior Auto
- With Superior Auto, you don't have to know the ins and outs of camera settings to make use of them. In Superior Auto mode, the camera combines Scene Recognition with high-performance image processing technology (HDR and noise reduction) to automatically shoot with the optimal settings. And, your device is automatically optimized for 36 different scenes, so you always get the best shot.
- Burst Mode
- When you want to capture high-intensity action, turn on Burst mode. With Burst mode, you can shoot an unlimited number of images at 10 fps and 5MP resolution.
- Shoot in Wet or Dusty Conditions
- Thanks to the tablet's water-resistant and dust-resistant design, you can capture photos and videos - even in wet or dusty conditions.
- Album App
- The Xperia Tablet Z includes the Sony Album app, for the best overview of your pictures. The intuitive scaling mechanism with fast pinch to zoom makes quick work of finding your shots.
- PlayMemories Online
- Upload pictures and videos from your Sony smartphone camera to PlayMemories Online. Then view your photos on any device - tablet, phone, computer or BRAVIA TV. However, PlayMemories Online is not available in every market.