The Byte Brothers TVR10/100/1000K LAN Tester performs 4 critical tests of hubs, switches, PCs, and cables. It instantly displays device type (hub/switch or PC), speed (10, 100, or 1,000 MB/s; advertised speed), duplex (half, full), and PoE (Power over Ethernet). With inline capability, this easy-to-use tester can test the negotiated speed and PoE. It can also test and trace coax cables via 2 RJ-45/coax adapters.
- The lights quickly tell you if the device is a hub/switch or a PC. It reads the link pulse to determine if the device is capable of 10, 100, and/or 1,000 MB/s communication (advertised speed). It displays whether it's half or full duplex. Plus, it detects PoE both endspan and midspan.
- Inline capability to go between 2 LAN devices and check the speed and duplex of the link (negotiated speed)
- It is also pair tester telling you which pairs are wired and whether they are straight through or crossover.
- Can be used as a tone generator. The main unit generates the tone for use by the remote probe.
- Test and trace coax cables with the 2 RJ-45/coax adapters.