The CM1745-US006S Desktop Computer from ASUS features a minimalist design with a sleek black finish. This ASUS desktop computer has reliable performance and a plethora of multimedia options for an enjoyable computing experience.
The system is powered by a quad-core 3.4GHz A10-5700 processor. It also has 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, a 1TB 7200rpm hard drive, a SuperMutli DVD burner, a multi-format media card reader, two USB 3.0 ports, six USB 2.0 ports, 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, one VGA, one DVI-D and one HDMI port. A USB keyboard and mouse are included with this ASUS desktop computer.
Windows 8 is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
- Quad-Core AMD Performance
- This ASUS desktop computer houses a quad-core 3.4GHz AMD A10-5700 processor. With dedicated 4MB of L2 cache and 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, you'll be able to multitask between applications quickly and efficiently
- With integrated AMD Radeon HD 7660D graphics, you'll be able to view HD content from this ASUS desktop computer. You can output video via the HDMI port for optimal image quality. The SuperMulti DVD burner allows you to watch DVDs or make your own. While a monitor is not included, you can set this ASUS desktop computer up with the display of your choice via either the VGA, DVI-D or HDMI ports
- Stay Connected
- With the 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 LAN jack, this ASUS desktop computer allows for fast, high speed Internet access
- The Redesigned Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The traditional Windows desktop screen has been replaced with a tablet style design featuring tiles. Tiles are customizable as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it
- To the Cloud
- With Windows 8, when signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your personal Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to services such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- The Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it