The IRCAM SPAT Complete Room Acoustics Simulator Plug-In (Electronic Download) uses advanced perceptive models to simulate the reverberation characteristics and the spatial source localization of a sound within different acoustic environments. The plug-in is intended for multi-channel applications with up to eight input and output channels in 7.1 or 8.0 surround sound configurations. You can use the software to model up to three different acoustic spaces with different reverbs, and then move the listening position around within those spaces. This is useful for applications such as Additional Dialogue Recording (ADR), wherein a character moves from inside a room, into a hallway, and continues speaking while stepping outside. The room, the hallway, and the outside environment can all be modeled in parallel and then automation data can be assigned to the listening position within those spaces in sync with the dialogue.
The software has input and output gain controls for adjusting levels before and after the signal processing and VU meters for monitoring. You can use the dry mix control to blend the original signal with the processed signal. To improve workflow, the plug-in features two preset slots, A and B, that can be loaded simultaneously with a set of parameters and morphed between using a slider. The slider can be set to follow automation curves in the host application. A global preset of both slots and the position of the morphing slider can also be saved.
- Output Routing
- Allows you to map any virtual Spat speaker output to a physical output for surround sound applications
- Stereo Pairs Width
- Sets width of a stereo pair in degrees
- Sends level values from each reverb output to the subwoofer
- Input/Output Section
- Provides ± 12 dB Input and output gain, -76/0 dB VU meter, and Dry/Wet mix control knob for blending the processed and unprocessed signals
- Preset/Parameter Slots
- Enhances workflow by allowing preset/parameter slots A and B to be simultaneously loaded with different settings. A global preset of both slots can be saved, as well as the position of the "Morphing Slider"
- Parameter Morphing Slider with Automation
- Provides morphing between slot A and slot B parameter settings for creative real-time tweaking of your sound. Automation data from the host application can also be assigned to the slider