The 240GB Aura Pro 6G Solid State Drive & Envoy Pro Storage Solution from OWC / Other World Computing is designed for use with the 2012-13 MacBook Pro units with Retina display. It consists of an Aura Pro 6G SSD with a storage capacity of 240GB and an Envoy Pro Storage unit. This SSD makes use of the SandForce DuraClass technologies to intelligently manage and protect your data/contents.
Along with offering ECC Protection, this SSD also uses RAISE (Redundant Array of Independent Silicon Elements) to prevent data loss, and extend drive life.
This storage solution enables you to upgrade your MacBook Pro's factory installed SSD with greater performance and capacity. It also lets you retask the replaced factory SSD as a bus-powered, pocket-sized external storage solution via the Envoy Pro.
Note! Compatible with the Flash SSD module used in 2012-2013 13" and 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display models.
Requires USB 3.0 standard powered port. USB 2.0 use not supported or recommended.
- Complete Storage Upgrade
- The MacBook Pro with Retina display base model offers a 256GB SSD configuration with no upgrade option and the current base models start from 128GB to 256GB. The OWC Aura Pro 6G delivers optimal performance, functionality, and reliability by enabling you to upgrade the memory capacity of your factory locked MacBook Pro, to meet your storage needs. This storage solution ships with the necessary installation tools along with a tutorial video, to help you upgrade the storage capacity.
- Synchronous Interface NAND
- To achieve the higher bandwidth potential of the SATA 6 Gb/s bus standard, the OWC Aura Pro 6G SSD (Solid State Drive) utilizes a Tier-1 Synchronous NAND instead of the commonly utilized Asynchronous NAND. The Synchronous NAND feature enables reads and writes to be synced with the SSD processor's clock signal for maximum data throughput.
- Portable, Bus-Powered External Storage Solution for Use with the Macbook Pro with Retina Display
- The portable OWC Envoy Pro storage solution has an anodized aluminum body that complements the design and finish of the MacBook Pro with Retina display. The anodized aluminum body protects your drive and data, while its minimal size allows for simple stowing in coat pockets, backpacks or briefcases. The Envoy Pro requires no AC power and it makes use of the USB 3.0 interface, which offers transfer rates of up to 500 MB/s and
- Better by Design
- The OWC SSD uses the DuraWrite Technology, which optimizes writes to the flash memory over conventional controllers increasing the overall endurance and reliability of the complete SSD. Use of intelligent block management and wear leveling also extends the overall endurance of the SSD. This adds up to a higher MTTF (Mean Time To Failure) value.