The SC:BMCC CAGE from Swedish Chameleon is a very lightweight cage for the Blackmagic Cinema Camera. It covers only the front portion of the camera, leaving all ports and controls accessible.
A ridged-grip top handle and 15mm rod are included for attachment to clamps on the top and side. The top clamp is steplessly adjustable from side to side within NATO-style rails to let you find the right balance, and the side clamp is adjustable vertically to accommodate the use of various accessories. The clamps tighten in position by levers and can be loosened and removed from the cage. The ridged grip can be removed entirely from the 15mm rod it's on, and the rod can be used to mount additional accessories, but you have some room for accessories even with the grip on the rod.
The top plate features three cold shoes and multiple 1/4" and 3/8" accessory threads. The bottom plate has tripod-mount threads for completely stable attachment to a tripod plate. The bottom plate also has ventilation channels required by the Blackmagic camera, cable channels for professional rigging, and anti-skid rubber pads to prevent the cage from sliding when laid down. The cage is compatible with both the 2.5K and 4K versions of the camera.
- Lightweight Cage with Top Handle & 15mm Rod
- Covers only the front portion of the camera, leaving all ports and controls accessible
- Ridged-grip top handle attached to a steplessly adjustable rod clamp
- 7.8" 15mm accessory rod attached to a vertically adjustable rod clamp
- The rod clamps can be removed completely
- The ridged grip can be removed from the 15mm rod it's on, providing an additional rod
- Three cold shoes and multiple 1/4" and 3/8" accessory threads
- Tripod-mount threads for completely stable attachment to a tripod plate
- Ventilation channels
- Cable channels
- Anti-skid rubber pads
- Compatible with both the 2.5K and 4K versions of the camera