The ikan IKW1 Wireless HD Transmitter & Receiver System is a wireless HD Video and Audio system that can be used in a variety of situations, such as live broadcast events, on a crane, camera stabilizer system, or in conjunction with a courtesy monitor for the director. This system can transmit full HD video and audio (in a variety of frame rates and resolutions) up to 500 feet in line of sight applications as well as over 100 feet through obstacles such as walls or around corners. It supports both NTSC and PAL compatible frame rates for HD and SD video, and both the transmitter and receiver feature SDI and HDMI loop through connectors. The transmitter and receiver feature both male and female V Mount battery plates that allow you to power the transmitter/receiver and the V Mount powered device it is attached to using a single V Mount battery.
There is no FCC licensing requirement to use the IKW1 wireless system, and you can pair one transmitter to multiple receivers, allowing up to four separate video stations to receive the same signal. The system uses the 802.11.i protocol, incorporating 128-bit AES encryption to keep your footage secure. The system passes both tally and timecode information, which allows you to use a wireless camera in a live switched show, where the cam op and switcher operator rely on tally signals. You can also input and transmit a separate line level audio signal, useful when you have separate audio from an additional source such as when working with a sound mixer audio board. Both the transmitter and receiver feature an on screen menu display (OSD) for set up and adjustment via the included IR remote.
- Video Footage
The IKW1 transmits HD and SD footage with NTSC and PAL frame rates. It supports the following resolutions and frame rates:
- 1920 x 1080P at 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94 and 60
- 1920 x 1080i at 50, 59.94 and 60
- 1920 x 1080psf at 25, 29.97 and 30
- 1280 x 720p at 50, 59.94 and 60
- The unit encodes at up to 50Mb/s using the H.264 base profile, and features automatic encoding rate adjustment to provide the best signal available depending on the RF conditions and interference.
- Loop Through Outputs
- Both the transmitter and receiver feature loop through outputs, so you can hardwire to an output device. The SDI outputs of either the transmitter or the receiver will support a maximum cable run of 300 feet.
- The IKW1 allows you to transmit an SDI input, and have the receiver output an HDMI signal, it will also transmit an HDMI input and output an SDI signal from the receiver. This provides for a flexible system, where you can use an SDI pathway for your production, transmit the SDI signal wirelessly to a receiver, and view it on a monitor with an HDMI input.
- FCC License
- The unit transmits using U-NII-1 and U-NII-3 frequencies, which do not require you to obtain an FCC license to use the system.
- V Mount Battery System
- Both transmitter and receiver feature male and female V Mount battery plates on opposite sides of the unit, allowing you to sandwich the units between an available V Mount battery and a camera/monitor with a V Mount battery plate. This lets you to power both the IKW1 system and the device without using a second battery. The advantage of this is that it and keeps your camera/monitoring setup minimal, avoiding the weight of an additional battery.
- The HDMI input on the transmitter is HDCP 1.1 Compliant.
- 12 Volt DC Power Input
- The transmitter and receiver also feature a 4-pin mini XLR connector to provide power when using the included power supplies or a non V Mount battery.
- Each unit in the system feature an Ethernet connector for GPIO (General Purpose Input/Output) use, this includes bi-directional tally signals.