The Satellite U945-S4380 14" Ultrabook Computer from Toshiba is an ultraportable computer with a sleek profile. Measuring 0.82" thin and weighing just over 4 pounds, this Toshiba computer features a fusion lattice pattern complete in an ice blue finish.
The 14" TruBrite display features LED backlight technology, a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000. The screen also has a glossy finish for displaying vibrant color. The 14" display is capable of playing 720p HD video content natively. You can also output video to an external display via the HDMI port.
The system is powered by a dual-core Ivy Bridge 1.8GHz Intel Core i3-3217U processor. It also has 4GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, a 500GB 5400rpm hard drive with a 32GB solid state drive cache, a multi-format media card reader, 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers with SRS Premium Sound technology.
Windows 8 (64-bit) is the installed operating system. Windows 8 replaces the traditional Start menu with a redesigned Start screen. The Start screen features tiles, which provide notifications in real-time. Windows 8 also focuses more on cloud storage as well as apps, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. Windows 8 provides a unique user experience that differs from previous versions of Windows.
- Dual-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i3 Performance
- This Toshiba computer has an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i3-3217U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 1.8GHz. With a dedicated 3MB L3 cache, 4GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to multitask between applications quickly and efficiently
- 14" TruBrite Widescreen LED-Backlit Display
- The 14" widescreen display is backlit with LED lights, which provide lower power consumption and longer panel life than their CCFL counterparts. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a glossy coating. The 1366 x 768 native resolution is powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Upconvert standard definition DVD content into sharper, more vibrant video quality in real time
- Scale up your gaming, movies and music on an external display with full 1080p high-definition video and high definition audio quality
- USB 3.0
- USB 3.0 has a data transfer speed of 5Gbps and is up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0
- USB Sleep and Charge
- Power your smartphone and other USB-compatible devices, even when your PC is off. Great for charging a cell phone or any USB device while you are on the run
- Intel Wireless Display (WiDi)
- Some HDTVs support Intel Wireless Display (WiDi), but if yours don't, you can get a WiDi-compatible adapter (sold separately) and connect it to your HDTV. Once you have the required equipment and setup, you'll be able to wirelessly stream media from your Toshiba Ultrabook to your HDTV in high definition video and audio quality
- PC Health Monitor
- Toshiba's PC Health Monitor alerts you to issues before they become problems, constantly gauging your machine's temperature and power usage, while checking the hard drive to help protect against shocks
- Eco Utility
- Quickly adjust the settings and power plan of your Toshiba computer and monitor your ongoing power usage with just a click
- EPEAT Gold Registered
- This Toshiba computer is EPEAT Gold, which is the highest possible ranking of the Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool
- ENERGY STAR Qualified
- This Toshiba computer meets the ENERGY STAR 4.0 standard
- The New Start Screen
- Windows 8 introduces a new Start screen, which has all the information you need in one place. The new Start screen replaces the traditional Start menu with live tiles. These tiles are customizable to your liking as well as update in real time. News, weather forecasts, sports, contacts, apps and more are available for you to use. It's all right there on the Start screen. If you prefer the traditional Start screen of Windows 7, you have the option to switch to it
- To the Cloud
- When signed in using your Microsoft account, you'll have instant access to your own Start screen, themes, language preferences, browsing history and browser favorites. You can also connect to your services as well, such as Microsoft Outlook, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more
- Windows Store
- In the Windows Store, you can search for or browse thousands of apps. Choose from the featured apps or grab one of the most frequently downloaded apps to see what all the hype is all about. You can also see how other people rate apps. For certain apps, you can try it out before you buy it so you can make sure you absolutely want an app before you spend your hard-earned money on it