Designed specifically for architectural audio, the Klipsch R-5650-W II In-Wall Loudspeaker is suitable for home theater or stereo music applications. The Horn-loaded technology increases acoustic output while reducing distortion. And, the Pivoting Tractrix Horn tweeter ensures to deliver clear sound in any location.
Featuring a 6.5” (16.51cm) Cerametallic woofer cone for even tighter bass output along with a 1” (2.54cm) titanium tweeter mated to a square 90 x 60° pivoting Tractrix Horn, this speaker provides natural precision clarity and efficiency. The addition of a Linear Travel Suspension to the tweeter increases high frequency detail and smoothness. The pivoting horn allows listeners to point the sound directly to the main listening area, reducing reflected sounds that smear sound and creating a large soundstage with well-defined imaging. The treble and bass contour switches allow sound customization in less-than-ideal speaker placement positions.
Available in a paintable white finish, the R-5650-W II Loudspeaker can be paired with the Klipsch IK-650-W installation kit (sold separately). With a mud ring breakaway wire tie and color-coded brackets, it also includes perforated metal wings that easily fasten to the studs via screws, staples, or nails. It can also be paired with the ME-650-W fire-rated speaker enclosure (sold separately) to meet local building codes and/or reduce sound transfer to the adjoining rooms.
- The Klipsch R-5650-W II Loudspeaker maintains the core technology use of a premium 1" (2.54cm) titanium compression driver (tweeter) mated to an exclusive Tractrix Horn combined with a 6.5" Cerametallic woofer in a 2-way design. With elegant grill and refinements to both high-frequency and low-frequency reproduction, it continues to deliver a high-performance when used as a 2-channel music playback to full, large room surround sound use.
- Slimtrim Grille
- The aluminum, paintable, magnetic grille attaches tightly and securely with ease to virtually eliminate resonant distortion.
- Pivoting Tractrix Horn
- Klipsch horn-loaded technology increases acoustic output while significantly reducing distortion. The horn's ±15° pivoting capability allows its 90 x 60° dispersion pattern to be aimed directly at the main listening area. This feature sends more direct sounds to the listener and less reflected sounds for more detailed sound, wider dynamics, and better vocal clarity.
- Titanium Diaphragm Compression Driver (Tweeter) with Linear Travel Suspension (LTS)
- Combined with the Tractrix Horn, the 1" (2.54cm), solid-formed, lightweight metallic diaphragm works in conjunction with a phasing plug at the horn throat to create a highly efficient driver with good transient response and lack of distortion. The LTS assures the most precise diaphragm excursion, increasing high-frequency detail and smoothness.
- Machine-Spun Cerametallic Woofers
- The solid aluminum diaphragm, anodized to add stiffness and provide damping, delivers increased rigidity for tight, defined bass. The built-in dust cap further strengthens the cone and helps ventilate the voice coil for increased driver durability.
- High-Definition Network
- An efficient blending between drivers is maintained for full bandwidth balanced response.
- Treble & Midbass Attentuation Switches
- Allows reduction of high- and/or low-frequency output in challenging install applications such as overly reflective rooms or corner placement, allowing a better frequency balance.
- Front IR Knockout
- Allows installation of standard, 0.5" (12.7cm) tube-type, IR repeater device.
- Sure-Grip Mounting Dogs
- Provides even pressure against drywall for long-term installation reliability.
- Compatible with the Klipsch Ik-650-W Install Kit
- For increased mounting flexibility and pre-install marking during construction.