The Apollo 16 Audio Interface with Realtime UAD Processing from Universal Audio features 16 analog inputs and outputs via four rear-panel DB-25 connections. It records at digital audio resolutions up to 24-bit/192kHz. Additionally, the Apollo 16 provides a stereo pair of dedicated balanced XLR monitor outputs preserving all 16 output channels for functional use. This FireWire 800 interface is compatible with both Mac and Windows and adds the benefit of onboard UAD-2 QUAD processing to your computer system, allowing you to track realtime audio through UAD plug-ins without overloading your CPU.
The Apollo 16's advanced circuitry creates high dynamic range recordings with very low distortion rates. The DB-25 inputs and DC-coupled outputs can be easily paired with mixing consoles, outboard processors, headphone systems, and more. High-visibility LEDs provide input and output metering with no "hot spots" or light bleed. Additionally, the Apollo 16's routing capabilities allow four stereo Cue mixes with individually assignable outputs as well as a new "Virtual I/O" feature that enables realtime UAD Processing of DAW tracks and virtual instruments. Apollo 16 also supports standalone operation, letting you use the audio connections and last-used DSP mixer settings, even without a computer connected.
- UAD-2 Processing for Tracking and Mixing
- In addition to mixing, the UAD-2 plug-in processing is also available during tracking - allowing you to monitor, audition, and "print" audio through them to your DAW with less than 2mS latency.
- Includes "Analog Classics" Bundle
- The Apollo 16 comes with a free download of the following plug-ins: 1176LN, 1176SE, Teletronix LA-2A, Pultec EQP-1A and UA RealVerb.
- Deeper Integration with Your DAW
- Apollo 16's Core Audio and ASIO drivers ensure compatibility with all major DAWs. The included Console application and companion Console Recall plug-in provide control and recall of all interface and Realtime UAD plug-in settings within your session. A new "PT Mode" ensures that Pro Tools can utilize all 16 analog inputs and outputs for hardware inserts.
- Thunderbolt Option
- Apollo 16 offers Mac users Thunderbolt compatibility via a user-installable dual-port Thunderbolt Option Card, sold separately. Thunderbolt provides greater UAD plug-in instances, improved performance at high sample rates, and reduced UAD plug-in latency in the DAW versus Apollo's standard FireWire connection.
- Expandable Connectivity
- Two Apollo 16 units can be cascaded over MADI to create an expanded system with eight UAD processors and 32 analog inputs and outputs.