The Sorenson Media Squeeze 9 Pro Video Encoder lets you flexibly encode/transcode video in a wide array of formats in superior quality for tablets, smart-phones, plasmas, and various other viewing devices.
Squeeze 9 encodes from Avid, Final Cut, or Premiere and sends large jobs to an optional Squeeze Server. Fine-grain controls are available for H.264, QuickTime, Flash, Windows Media, and WebM. GPU acceleration encodes H.264 up to 3x faster and provides the benefit of accelerated parallel processing. A broadcast / disc creation feature creates ATSC HD, DVB, and MPEG transport and program streams, and Blu-rays in H.264 or VC-1. Adaptive bitrate streaming easily prepares, encodes and segments all major flavors: Apple HLS, Microsoft Smooth, and Flash Dynamic Streaming.
The difference between Squeeze 9 Pro and Squeeze 9 is that this Pro version can additionally export in Apple's ProRes (Mac only) and Avid's DNxHD.
- Industry-first HTML5 optimization
- Enhanced UI, with improved search and cleaner batch window
- Improved H.264 and AVCHD 2.0 quality
- Pre- and post-roll video stitching
- Support for EIA-608 & EIA-708 closed captioning in source video and corresponding TTML output
- Seamless review and approval
- Streamlined encode to delivery
- Optimized HTML5 and Multi-Screen Encoding
- Makes encoding video files for multi-screen playback easy and intuitive. Users simply drag and drop a single HTML5 preset onto a source file, and Squeeze then automatically creates two output renditions of the file. The two renditions enable seamless native video playback in any browser, including Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari.
- Seamless Review and Approval
- An upgraded higher performance review and approval process empowers users with even more responsive design of web pages for viewing and approving video content on any device. Plus, 5GB of free storage.
- Squeeze Server Integration
- Seamless integration into new Squeeze Server 2.0, Sorenson Media's award-winning enterprise transcoding solution, to enable offloading of jobs at volume and free up work stations.
- Pre/Post-Roll Stitching and Closed Captioning
- Add pre- or post-roll video to any primary video. Full support for both EIA-608 or EIA-708 closed captioning in source video, and corresponding TTML output with compressed Squeeze files, for standard and high-definition digital video content.
- Streamlined User Experience and Workflow
- Enjoy a cleaner, better, more aesthetically pleasing UI, advanced search functionality for items-including presets, filters, publishing options and notifications. Squeeze 9 features enhanced batch window cleanup, simplified navigation, and a video preview window organized for intuitive task areas for viewing, editing source content, and much more.
- Enhanced Video Quality and Speed
- Multi-core encoding for MP4 and MOV provides a massive boost to single-file encoding. Squeeze 9 provides enhanced quality through integration of the newly optimized MainConcept SDK 9.6 codec.