Sorenson Media Squeeze 9 Standard Multi-User for Edu/Gov is a single license with five activations that you can load and run on up to five computers at the same time. You receive an activation disc with the serial number and installation link. Activations are not limited to one platform, which means you can mix and match the five activations among both Mac and Windows machines. This version of the software is available only to educational institution employees and students as well as for government agency employees.
Squeeze 9 is compression and encoding software that features a host of speed, functionality, and user interface improvements to make your workflow simpler, more efficient, and provides more delivery options than previous versions. The application is twice as fast as Squeeze 8 and features a redesigned user interface based on users' feedback. Presets are configurable, and you can create and save your own encoding presets for format, codec, image quality, video filters, notifications, and publishing options for the encoded video. Squeeze 9 is a standalone application but also installs itself as a plug-in on select NLE systems.
You can capture DV video directly into the standalone application via Firewire or from a webcam, and of course, you can import video files for compressing. Within the timeline, you can watch a five-second preview of the compressed video from the playhead; this allows you to spot check your entire video before beginning the encoding process. Squeeze 9 also features HTML5 presets that automatically encode your video for playback in all major web browsers. It also supports streaming video with adaptive bitrate support. Included with each activation is 5GB of storage on Sorenson 360; from the software you can upload to this storage and send a notification to allow clients to watch, comment, and approve the video.
- The single license includes five activations on five computers at the same time. The computers can be Mac, Windows, or a mix of computers running the two platforms, and the five computers can all be running the software concurrently.
- This is a full version of the software with the same features, functionality, and upgrade path as the non educational/government version and is available only for academic institutions, teachers, students, and for government agencies and their employees.
- Squeeze 9 encodes MP4 480P footage at 100 frames per second. It will also encode 720p to the HLS format at over 50 fps and 720p MSFT Smooth at close to 150 fps (on a Mac).
- The redesigned user interface provides a larger batch window area, filters, publishing options, and improved searching for presets. Plus, now you can review your content before publishing.
- Squeeze 9 is a standalone application, the software will also install as a plug-in with Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro, and Avid Media Composer; so from your timeline you can export using the presets from squeeze (including your saved presets), but you cannot make adjustments within the NLE.
- The software features configurable presets for image quality and compression. You can modify and save these presets, and you can also include in the preset video filters, automatic publishing, and notification options.
- You can capture DV video from a Firewire source or via a webcam and put it right in your batch window for adding a preset. You can also import a file into the batch window.
- Multiple watch folders are supported, and you can create folders on your system or network that encodes any video file put into it, using the preset of your choice.
- In the Preview Window, you can change the aspect ratio, crop, zoom, trim, and set thumbnail images. You can also set chapter points for DVD and Blu-Ray. After you have made your adjustments then you can add a preset and convert your video.
- Squeeze 9 includes the following filters: audio sync, 10 bit to 8 bit dithering, black restore, blur, brightness, contrast, crop, deinterlace, fade video, gamma, hue, saturation and lightness, inverse telecine, image orientation, RGB, sharpen, telecine 2:3 pulldown, timecode, tint, video noise reduction, watermark, white balance, white restore, audio duration, audio mixer, audio pitch, audio volume, and audio fade.
- You can add a filter and then A/B that filter using a slider to view both the before and after at the same time.
- You can preview five seconds of your video from the playhead; this allows you to check on potential trouble spots in your video before encoding the entire video. With long form projects this can save you from surprises and having to re-encode your video. Just check out any problem areas in advance.
- Sorenson 9 is optimized to work with HTML 5 for a faster workflow. With a single HTML 5 preset, the software encodes two versions, one in MP4 and one in WebM. This means that Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari will all be able to lay back your video natively.
- Apple HLS and Microsoft Smooth Streaming are both supported with Full Adaptive Bitrate functionality. The software also supports parallel encoding of parallel encodes for HLS, Microsoft Smooth Streaming, Adobe DS, and MPEG-DASH.
- Five unique Sorenson 360 accounts are included with the software; this provides each account with 5GB of free storage forever. Also included with the storage is 1.5GB of bandwidth per month.
- You can publish your video to Sorenson 360 from the application or plug-in, and Squeeze 9 will send an email to your client inviting them to review, comment, and approve the video.
- Add your branding or other content on-the-fly to the beginning and/or end of an existing video with pre-/post-roll stitching.
- Closed Captioning is now supported in both SD & HD files. Both EIA-608 & EIA-708 standards of closed captioning.
- Use timecode from source files or customize your own. Also preserve QuickTime timecode tracks. Manual timecode controls are now included.
- Publish to YouTube, AWS, Akamai, Limelight, and FTP Sites.
- Integrates with Squeeze Server 2.0.