Sorenson Media Squeeze 9 Pro Edu/Gov Upgrade from Squeeze 7 & Older is an upgrade for educational institutions, employees, and students as well as for government agencies and employees who are owners of Squeeze 7 and older to Squeeze 9 Pro. You receive a disc with installation link and serial number. Squeeze 9 Pro is Mac and Windows compatible compression and encoding software that features a host of speed, functionality, and user interface improvements to make your workflow simpler and more efficient and provides more delivery options than previous versions. The application is twice as fast as Squeeze 8 and features a redesigned user interface based on users' feedback. Presets are configurable, and you can create and save your own encoding presets for format, codec, image quality, video filters, notifications, and publishing options for the encoded video. Squeeze 9 Pro is a standalone application but also installs itself as a plug-in on select NLE systems.
As with the standard version of Squeeze, you can set up automatic encoding and publishing presets in either the standalone or plug-in version, but the Pro version adds encoding to Avid DNxHD and ProRes (Mac only) to its capabilities. The Pro version also includes Jan Ozer's manual "Video Compression" in pdf format.
Capture DV video directly into the standalone application via Firewire or from a webcam, and of course, you can import video files for compressing. Within the timeline, you can watch a five-second preview of the compressed video from the playhead; this allows you to spot check your entire video before beginning the encoding process. Squeeze 9 Pro also features HTML5 presets that automatically encode your video for playback in all major web browsers. It also supports streaming video with adaptive bitrate support. Included with the software is 5GB of storage on Sorenson 360; from the program, you can upload to this storage and send a notification to allow clients to watch, comment, and approve the video.
- This is a an upgrade to the full version of Squeeze 9 Pro, with the same features, functionality and upgrade path as the non educational/government version and is available only for academic institutions, teachers, students, and for government agencies and their employees.
- Squeeze 9 Pro features Avid DNxHD export. Avid DNxHD is a VC-3 compliant codec and Squeeze Pro 9 can be used to transcode media to the Avid DNxHD coded for use with Avid Media Composer, News Cutter, and Symphony.
- All Apple ProRes settings from ProRes 4444 (12-bit) to ProRes 422 proxy are available to export footage on a Mac system. The Windows version of Squeeze 9 Pro cannot export using ProRes.
- Also included with Squeeze Pro 9 is Jan Ozer's book on video compression. This book is available in the pdf file format.
- The software encodes MP4 480P footage at 100 frames per second. It will also encode 720p to HLS format at over 50 fps and 720p MSFT Smooth at close to 150 fps (on a Mac).
- The redesigned user interface provides a larger batch window area, filters, publishing options, and improved searching for presets. Plus, now you can review your content before publishing.
- Squeeze 9 Pro is a standalone application; the software will also install as a plug-in with Final Cut Pro 7, Premiere Pro 4/5/6, and Avid Media Composer 6 & newer. This means that when working in your NLE, you can export using the presets from Squeeze 9 Pro (including your saved presets), but you cannot make adjustments to the presets from within the NLE.
- The software features configurable presets for image quality and compression. You can modify and save these presets, and you can also include in the preset video filters, automatic publishing and notification options.
- You can capture DV video from a Firewire source or via a webcam and put it right in your batch window for adding a preset. You can also import a file into the batch window.
- Multiple watch folders are supported, and you can create folders on your system or network that encodes any video file put into it, using the preset of your choice.
- In the Preview Window, you can change the aspect ratio, crop, zoom, trim, and set thumbnail images. You can also set chapter points for DVD and Blu-Ray. After you have made your adjustments then you can add a preset and convert your video.
- Squeeze 9 Pro includes the following filters: audio sync, 10 bit to 8 bit dithering, black restore, blur, brightness, contrast, crop, deinterlace, fade video, gamma, hue, saturation and lightness, inverse telecine, image orientation, RGB, sharpen, telecine 2:3 pulldown, timecode, tint, video noise reduction, watermark, white balance, white restore, audio duration, audio mixer, audio pitch, audio volume, and audio fade.
- You can add a filter and then A/B that filter using a slider to view both the before and after at the same time.
- You can preview five seconds of your video from the playhead; this allows you to check on potential trouble spots in your video before encoding the entire video. With long form projects this can save you from surprises and having to re-encode your video: just check out any problem areas in advance.
- Sorenson squeeze 9 Pro is optimized to work with HTML 5 for a faster workflow. With a single HTML 5 preset, the software encodes two versions, one in MP4 and one in WebM. This means that Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari will all be able to play back your video natively.
- Apple HLS and Microsoft Smooth Streaming are both supported with Full Adaptive Bitrate functionality. The software also supports parallel encoding of parallel encodes for HLS, Microsoft Smooth Streaming, Adobe DS, and MPEG-DASH.
- Sorenson 360 is included with the software; this provides you 5GB of free storage. You also get 1.5 GB of bandwidth per month; both the storage and bandwidth are included with the software.
- The free storage and bandwidth allows you to publish your video to Sorenson 360, and you can have Squeeze Pro 9 automatically send an email to your client inviting them to review, comment, and approve the video.
- Add your branding or other content on-the-fly to the beginning and/or end of an existing video with pre-/post-roll stitching.
- Both EIA-608 & EIA-708 closed captioning standards are supported in SD and HD.
- Use timecode from source files or customize your own, squeeze 9 Pro preserves QuickTime timecode tracks. Manual timecode controls are also included in Squeeze 9 Pro.
- Publish to YouTube, AWS, Akamai, Limelight, and FTP Sites.
- Integrates with Squeeze Server 2.0.