Sorenson Media Squeeze 9 Lite for Educational or Government is compression and encoding software that features a host of speed, functionality and user interface improvements to make your workflow simpler, more efficient and provides more delivery options than previous versions. You receive an activation disc with the serial number and installation link. This version of the software is available only for Educational institutions, employees and students as well as for Govt. agencies and employees. Squeeze 9 Lite is a standalone application, but it also installs itself as a plug-in on Avid MC 6 and newer versions. Presets are configurable, and you can create and save your own encoding presets for format, codec, image quality and video filters. Optimized for HTML5, the software will simultaneously encode a video file to both MP4 and WebM for compatibility with most popular browsers.
You can capture DV video directly into the standalone application via Firewire or from a webcam, and of course, you can import video files for compressing. Within the standalone application timeline, you can watch a five-second preview of the compressed video from the playhead; this allows you to spot check your entire video, before beginning the encoding process. Squeeze 9 Lite is compatible with Sorenson 360 and users can purchase an optional account with cloud based storage.
- This version of the software features the same functionality and upgrade path as the non educational/government version and is available only for academic institutions, teachers, students, and for Government agencies and their employees.
- Squeeze 9 Lite encodes MP4 480P footage at 100 frames per second. It will also encode 720p to HLS format at over 50 fps, and 720p MSFT Smooth at close to 150 fps (on a Mac).
- The redesigned user interface provides a larger batch window area, improved searching for presets, filters, publishing options. Plus now you can review your content before publishing.
- Squeeze 9 Lite is a standalone application, the software will also install as a plug-in to Avid Media Composer version 6 and newer. This means that when working in your NLE, you can export using the presets from Squeeze 9 Lite (including your saved presets), but you cannot make adjustments to the presets from within the NLE.
- The software features configurable presets for image quality and compression. You can modify and save these presets, and you can also include video filters in the presets.
- You can capture DV video from a Firewire source or via a webcam, and put it right in your batch window for adding a preset. You can also import a file into the batch window to work on.
- In the Preview Window you can change the aspect ratio, crop, zoom, trim and set thumbnail images. You can also set chapter points for DVD and Blu-Ray. After you have made your adjustments then you can add a preset and convert your video.
- Squeeze 9 Lite includes the following filters Audio Sync, 10 bit to 8 bit dithering. Black Restore, blur, brightness, contrast, crop, deinterlace, fade video, gamma, hue, saturation and lightness, inverse telecine, image orientation, RGB, Sharpen, telecine 2:3 pulldown, Timecode, tint, video noise reduction, watermark, white balance, white restore, audio duration, audio mixer, audio pitch, audio volume, audio fade.
- You can add a filter to your video and then A/B that filter using a slider to view both the before and after at the same time.
- You can preview five seconds of your video from the playhead, this allows you to check on potential trouble spots in your video before encoding the entire video. With long form projects this can save you from surprises and having to re-encode your video. Just check out any problem areas in advance.
- Squeeze 9 Lite is optimized to work with HTML 5 for a faster workflow. With a single HTML 5 preset, the software encodes two versions, one in MP4 and one in WebM. This means that Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari will all be able to play back your video natively.
- Add your branding or other content on-the-fly to the beginning and/or end of an existing video with pre-/post-roll stitching.
- Both EIA-608 & EIA-708 closed captioning standards are supported in both SD and HD.
- Use timecode from source files, QuickTime timecode tracks are preserved, or customize your own. Manual Timecode controls are now also included.
- Integrates with Squeeze Server 2.0.
- Squeeze 9 Lite integrates with Sorenson 360. An optional 360 account provides you with cloud based storage, so you can upload your project and then send an email to your client inviting them to review, comment and approve the video.