The Pelco IPSXM30367X ExSite Explosion-Proof Positioning System (PAL) is an integrated positioning system that combines a receiver, pan/tilt, and enclosure in a single, easy-to-install system, and also includes an IOP (Integrated Optics Package). The Integrated Optics Package contains an autofocus camera and lens module with configurable features.
From the harsh environments of oil pipelines in Alaska to the offshore rigs in South America and refineries in the Middle East, the IPSXM30367X ExSite explosion-proof positioning system is an apt choice for the most demanding applications. This explosion-proof camera system is suitable for installation in such hazardous environments where a small spark will lead to an explosion. The camera’s enclosure is vacuum sealed and filled with inert gases. Therefore, in the unlikely event of a malfunction in the camera, if a spark is generated within the camera enclosure, it will be contained within the enclosure itself where inert gases will inhibit its sustenance. This will prevent the risk of any explosion.
This system features a day/night camera with high resolution, a removable infrared-cut filter, and a 36x zoom lens (36x optical, 12x digital). The system’s electro-polished 316L stainless steel construction makes it suitable for all kinds of environmental conditions including marine applications.
The system has an operating temperature range from -76 to 140°F (-60 to 60°C). Within 2 hours after power-up, the entire unit can de-ice and be operational from a temperature of -13°F (-25°C). A built-in heater, window defroster/defogger, sun shroud, and blower are standard features of the system. The unit also includes 3 auxiliary output relays that can be configured for a variety of uses.
The system’s variable pan and tilt speeds range from 0.1 to 40°/sec in manual pan, tilt, and preset modes. It is capable of 360° of continuous pan rotation. The tilt range allows for horizontal viewing of -90 to +90°. There are 80 preset positions with a preset accuracy of ±0.1°. The system comes with a power source of 100 to 240VAC. It also has a power-up recovery mode that allows the user to specify what operation the system will resume whenever power is cycled.
The system features built-in system memory in the power module to store camera- and location-specific pan/tilt settings including labels, presets, patterns, and zones. These settings are automatically downloaded if a new pan and tilt body is installed.
- Electro-polished 316L stainless steel construction
- Upright or inverted operation
- Receiver, pan/tilt, and enclosure with an IOP (Integrated Optics Package)
- 36x Day/night camera with 128x wide dynamic range, motion detection, and 540 TVL horizontal resolution
- Multilingual on-screen menus
- Configurable camera settings
- On-screen compass, tilt, and zoom display
- Variable Speed Pan: 0.1 to 40°/sec with proportional pan
- 360° continuous pan rotation
- Tilt range of +90° to -90° (from horizontal)
- Preset positioning, patterns, multiple scan modes
- Designed for minimal maintenance; no gears to adjust
- Built-in system memory
- Password protection to prevent unauthorized changes to the system
- Auto focus and auto iris with manual override
- Configurable settings
- AC line lock
- Certifications: UL/cUL Listed UL/cUL Hazardous Locations Listed per NEC Division and Zone requirement: Class I, Divisions I and II, Groups A, B, C, and D Class II, Divisions I and II, Groups E, F, G, T5 Class I, Zone 1, AEx d IIC, Ex d IIC, T5
- On-board connector for Pelco VC-UTP Video Converter, TXB Series Translator Boards for use with Hernis and other protocols, FS85011A and third-party fiber optic transmitters
- Configurable power-up mode
- Configurable park
- Sun shroud, heater/window defroster, and blower
- 80 presets with custom camera settings and labels
- ±0.1° preset accuracy
- Multilingual menus (English, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French, German, Russian, Polish, Turkish, and Czech)
- On-screen compass, tilt, and zoom display
- Password protection
- 8 zones (configurable in size) can be labeled with up to 20 characters
- Each or set to output blank video
- Configurable locations of labels and on-screen displays
- 7 alarm inputs and 3 relay outputs
- Action on Alarm: Alarms can be individually configured for 3 priority levels, to initiate a stored pattern, or to go to an associated preset when received
- Resume After Alarm: Allows the pan/tilt to return to a previously configured state after alarm acknowledgement or to its previous position before alarm
- Patterns: Up to 4, on-screen, user-defined configurable patterns; includes pan, tilt, zoom, and preset functions
- Proportional Pan/Tilt: Continually decreases pan and tilt speeds in proportion to depth of zoom
- Variable Scan Speed: Scan speed can be configurable between 1° and 40°/sec
- Configurable limit stops for auto / random / frame scan modes
- Auto-sensing protocol (Coaxitron, RS-422 Pelco P, and Pelco D); accepts competitive control protocol with translator card (sold separately)
- Built-in menu system for setup of configurable functions