The silver Cambridge Audio Azur 651P Moving Magnet (MM)/Moving Coil (MC) Phono Pre-Amplifier works with all popular turntables that use a Moving Magnet cartridge. It also works with Moving Coil cartridges found in the highest-end audiophile turntables.
Most hi-fi amplifiers won't let you plug in a turntable directly. You need to connect via a phono stage (also known as a phono pre-amp) to make the very quiet signal from the turntable powerful enough for your main amp to work with. But it's very easy to add noise at this stage, which is why the 651P amplifies the signal without distorting it or introducing noise.
- Moving Coil Compatible
- Works with Moving Coil, the audiophile's cartridge of choice, offering even more accuracy and detail than Moving Magnet.
- Advanced Amplification
- Audio circuitry has been refined with multiple transistors wired in parallel ensuring the lowest possible distortion and noise. A copper shield provides further protection to this extremely sensitive part of the circuitry, limiting the noise that can be injected into the signal. This is especially important with a Moving Coil cartridge because its signal is even quieter and more delicate than Moving Magnet, so it needs even more amplification.
- Premium Components
- High-spec multi-parallel capacitors achieve exceptional RIAA accuracy - the industry standard for reproducing vinyl recordings. While a highly accurate, subsonic filter removes the common problem of unwanted low-frequencies that are inaudible but can damage subwoofers.
- Total Power Off
- In line with Cambridge Audio's commitment to the environment, a power switch cuts energy consumption to zero when not in use.
- Phono pre-amplifier with moving magnet (MM) and moving coil (MC) input stages
- Discrete transistors for the all-important input stages instead of the more common integrated circuits
- Single-ended 'Class A' gain stage with audiophile passive RIAA equalization
- Multi-parallel capacitors to achieve exceptional RIAA accuracy of only 0.3dB up to 50kHz
- Defeatable subsonic filter to eliminate very low frequency 'rumble', caused by vinyl imperfections
- Eco-friendly with <1W standby power consumption
- Acoustically damped full metal chassis with thick brushed aluminum front panel