The matte gray MK 41V Microphone Capsule from Schoeps comes as a matched pair, and is useful in all situations with music or speech, either as a spot microphone or as an overall directional microphone. However, this type of capsule is addressed from the side. It excels particularly in the constancy of its polar response throughout the audio spectrum. As a result, sound within 90° on either side of the main axis is picked up with virtually no alteration of frequency response or tone color. This is strongly evident with sound sources that are in motion, but is also of benefit in obtaining stable, precise stereo imaging for normal music recordings.
This capsule type is preferred as a support microphone as well as in the OCT (Optimized Cardioid Triangle) microphone system for surround sound recording. The front left and right channels in that system are picked up by sideways-facing supercardioid microphones. When mounted on CMC amplifiers, the MK 41V Capsule may be easier to use in near-coincident setups because the parallel microphone bodies will not get in each other's way.
Note! It is delivered with a hand signed Certificate from the factory. Matching is of frequency response and sensitivity within exceptionally low tolerances.
- Comes in a pack of 2
- Supercardioid for vertical pickup (side-addressed)
- For a wide range of recording applications
- High directivity comparable to that of a short shotgun microphone up through midrange frequencies
- With especially consistent directionality throughout its frequency range
- Often preferred for use in music and speech recording, as a spot microphone and also as a main microphone, especially when using the OCT recording method