For use within the UK, the WS5070-UK Endura Workstation with Advanced System Management Software from Pelco is a high-end personal computer running Windows 7 Ultimate that is optimized for the WS5000 advanced system management software. The Endura workstation can decode and display up to 16 video streams simultaneously and can process up to 30 / 25 (NTSC / PAL) images at 4CIF resolution per second, per stream.
The Endura workstation includes the WS5000 software package. The WS5000 software provides access to all operation and configuration features of the Endura system in a unified, intuitive, graphical user interface. The interface has been optimized for the demanding needs of surveillance professionals and utilizes drag-and-drop operations, shortcut menus, built-in tool tips, and online help to enable the most direct, intuitive interactions with cameras and components distributed across the network.
Surveillance operators require access to real-time live video and instant access to playback. The WS5200 has been specifically designed to optimize performance, productivity, and effectiveness. Operators can customize up to 6 active workspaces. Each workspace can have its own screen configuration populated with any grouping of cameras. These workspaces allow the operator to rapidly switch from camera group to camera group. The workspaces and camera associations are automatically loaded upon logon, along with the user’s language preferences and permission levels. This eliminates any lost time in changing screen layouts or configurations during shift changes.
The 2nd generation of the WS5200 has also been designed to deliver optimum decoding performance to take advantage of the latest capabilities of analog cameras and advances in compression technology. The WS5200 supports MPEG-4 as well as all common profiles of the latest H.264 codec. Provided the host PC has enough processing power, users can simultaneously decode 16 4CIF, MPEG-4 video streams in real time, or 12 H.264 baseline profile streams in real time, or 2 1080p streams in real time. Of course, any combination is also supported. Additionally, more cameras can be viewed simultaneously using the WS5200’s convenient tear-off tabs and leveraging multiple monitors to display more content. Endura’s EnduraView technology manages the CPU processing load and network bandwidth requirements by automatically seeking out and displaying a lower resolution, secondary stream (if one exists), or reducing the refresh rate to ensure that system stabilization is not jeopardized.
To take advantage of the latest developments in monitor technology and camera capabilities, the WS5200 interface automatically detects the monitor’s native resolution and aspect ratio and configures the display to accommodate what the monitor can support. Based on the monitor’s native aspect ratio, the WS5200 supports screen configurations in single-image, 2 x 2, 3 x 3, 4 x 4, 1 + 5, 1 + 12, and 2 + 8 for 4:3 aspect ratio displays and adds 3 x 2 and 4 x 3 for 16:9 aspect ratio displays. As different cameras operate in different aspect ratios, the WS5200 maintains the native aspect ratio of the camera to minimize any potential distortion of the image. An innovative Zone of Interest feature makes it convenient to leverage the power of today’s Mp cameras to cover a large field of view while allowing a user to independently select certain areas of the scene to get a closer view. The WS5000’s zone of interest capability consumes no additional processing power or network bandwidth as a user creates up to 6 independently controlled zones of interest from a single camera.
Recorded footage can be instantly accessed for any camera without impacting the ability to maintain live surveillance over other cameras on the same monitor. Flexible synchronous playback allows operators to synchronize the playback of 16 cameras for investigations that require multiple vantage points of the same event. Additionally, the WS5200 allows users to review recorded footage from any camera while simultaneously viewing the live stream from that camera on the same monitor. Camera controls, PTZ operation, video playback controls, snapshot capture, and export tools all conveniently appear over the video when the cursor is placed on the desired camera’s view.
In addition to access to live and recorded video, the WS5200 also serves as an administration and management console for the Endura system. With proper user credentials, administrative users can easily configure all devices and users on the system. Camera, encoder, recorder, and decoder hardware and software parameters can be accessed and managed from the administrative screens. Software patches and updates can easily be pushed out to select or multiple devices from the same console. User passwords, preferences, and credentials can be centrally managed from 1 WS5200.
All diagnostic messages from every component on the Endura network are available to any user and any viewing device. With proper credentials, administrators can easily configure all users and devices on the system. User actions and system messages are continuously logged and available for audit trail purposes.
The WS5200 has a built-in alarm management engine. System alarms, motion, and video analytics alarms are displayed in a dedicated alarm workspace. As the alarm is generated, indicators display the type of alarm, the priority level of the alarm, and the current state of the alarm. Users can simply select the alarm and visually verify its cause before determining whether to acknowledge or snooze the alarm. Comments and instructions inserted by an administrator serve to provide more detail about the alarm or to instruct the operator about the next actions taken. Operators can also add their own comments to be logged with the associated alarm.
The WS5200 provides built-in support for monitor wall configuration and operation. Using NET5402R-HD network video decoders or VCD5202 virtual consoles, operators can maneuver and control video on any network monitor through the WS5200 interface or the VCD5202 interface.
The WS5200 offers an optional interface to Endura Mapping. The mapping extension adds editing and map construction tools while providing for a convenient way to monitor the entire facility for alarms. Multiple layers can be turned on and off to provide access to key devices. In addition, multiple maps can be hyperlinked together to provide for easy navigation between map views.
As a fully integrated component of the WS5200, the mapping interface provides a convenient visual verification from a pop-up view. In addition to having access to recorded and live video from the pop-up, operators can acknowledge or snooze the alarm, manually execute relays and scripts as a response to the alarm, capture a snapshot, or direct the associated camera onto the Endura monitor wall for further analysis and action.
- Provides full access to operations and administration through user-friendly and highly intuitive graphical user interface
- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit operating system
- Highly intuitive graphical user interface optimized for surveillance professionals
- Unrestricted scalability easily manages 10 to 10,000 devices simultaneously
- Endura mapping interface (not included) provides editing and alarm monitoring / management tools
- Support for standard resolution and megapixel resolution cameras
- Support for MPEG-4, H.264 baseline, main, and high-profile codecs
- Audio streaming & playback
- Zone of interest allows independent view and management of specified areas within a camera's field of view in live or playback views
- Synchronized playback of multiple cameras
- Digital zoom in live or playback views
- Convenient tear-off options to customize display
- Maintains camera's native aspect ratio while supporting 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratio Monitors and a mix of SD or megapixel video content
- Capable of up to 16 simultaneous 4 SIF / CIF resolution, 30 / 25 fps MPEG-4 decode, 12 H.264 4SIF/CIF resolution, 30 / 25 fps H.264 baseline decode, or 2 Full 1080p
- EnduraView technology mitigates CPU processing requirements and network bandwidth consumption for multiscreen configurations
- Integrated configuration and administration interface provides full management capability for all components
- Powerful scripting engine to automate virtual matrix functionality across a built-in monitor wall capability
- On-screen pan / tilt / zoom (PTZ) controls including click to center and PTZ to selected area
- Camera call up and PTZ control from KBD5000
- Advanced search capabilities including motion, alarm, event, and camera
- Integrated event and alarm monitoring and management interface
- User-specific choice of language, rights and permissions, and screen configurations
- Export video and still images in multiple formats including PEF, QuickTime, MPEG-4, AVI, PNG, BMP, and JPG
- Certifications: CE, Class A; FCC, Class A; UL / cUL Listed; CCC; and C-Tick