The AXIS P1357 Indoor Day/Night PTZ Network Camera with 2.8 to 8mm P-Iris Lens from AXIS Communications enables coverage of a large area and extremely high image detail with 5 Mp resolution. It supports full frame rate at 1080p recording resolution in H.264 and Motion JPEG compression formats. The day/night camera features a P-Iris lens for optimal image clarity, in addition to digital PTZ, multi-view streaming, easy installation with remote back focus, pixel counter, and PoE (Power over Ethernet). It has a remote back focus function that enables the focus to be fine-tuned from a computer. The pixel counter further helps the installer verify that the pixel resolution of an object fulfills regulatory or customer requirements.
Moreover, this camera supports 2-way audio, audio detection, video motion detection, active tampering alarm, and a microSD / microSDHC slot for local storage (cards sold separately) are also supported. This camera is suitable for use in airports, banks, schools, and stores.
The camera features wide dynamic range, and day/night functionality for superb image quality in daylight and dark conditions. Also, the camera’s P-Iris enables automatic and precise control of the iris position to optimize depth of field and lens resolution for optimal image sharpness. The DC-iris lens is also supported for backward compatibility. The day/night functionality allows detailed image quality to be maintained even in low light conditions.
To help minimize bandwidth and storage needs, the camera offers digital pan/tilt/zoom and multi-view streaming, which enables several cropped view areas to be streamed simultaneously. The multi-view streaming function allows separate video streams of zoomed-in sections, at the same time as a downscaled full overview image. The camera is equipped with a serial port for communication with auxiliary equipment such as a pan/tilt head in order to remotely change the camera direction.
An IP66 rating makes this camera suitable for outdoor mounting and offers protection against dust, rain, snow, and sun. It can operate in temperatures as low as -40°F (-40°C). It is suitable for securing locations such as governmental and industrial sites, airports, railway stations, parking lots, school grounds, and university campuses.
This camera supports PoE (Power over Ethernet) for easy installation. What’s more, this outdoor-ready camera operates using PoE and high PoE in temperatures ranging from -40 to 122°F (-40 to 50°C).
Note: This camera can also function at lower resolution (3 Mp).
- Easy Installation with Focus Assistant, Remote Focus, & Pixel Counter
- Setting the focus on the camera is made easy with the focus assistant, which indicates with a flashing green LED when an image is in focus after manually adjusting the lens. Additionally, the camera offers remote back focus, which allows the focus to be fine-tuned from a computer. The pixel counter further helps you verify that the pixel resolution of an object fulfills regulatory or customer requirements.
- Digital PTZ & Multi-View Streaming
- The camera supports digital pan/tilt/zoom, which allows a selected area of interest to be cropped from the full view for viewing or recording, thereby minimizing the bit rate and storage needs. The multi-view streaming allows several cropped view areas to be streamed simultaneously, simulating up to 8 virtual cameras.
- P-Iris Control
- The camera features advanced precise iris control that comprises a special P-Iris lens, together with dedicated software in the camera, to set the best iris position for optimal depth of field, resolution, image contrast, and clarity. Good depth of field implies that objects at different distances from the camera are in focus simultaneously.
- This network camera saves installation time and costs since it is ready out of the box for mounting outdoors. The IP66-rated camera is protected against dust, rain, snow, and sunlight, and can operate in temperatures as low as -40°F (-40°C). The camera is powered by PoE (Power over Ethernet), which makes installation easy since there is no need for a separate power cable. An integrated dehumidifying membrane eliminates any humidity caught in the camera enclosure during installation. The camera enables easy mounting of an infrared illuminator under the enclosure. It comes with a wall mount bracket, sunshield, and cable glands.
- Additional Features
- The camera features intelligent capabilities such as enhanced video motion detection, audio detection, and detection of camera tampering attempts like blocking or spray-painting. It supports 2-way audio support with enhanced audio quality. The camera also supports advanced security and network management features such as HTTPS encryption with preserved performance, IPv6, and Quality of Service; and Open API (Application Programming Interface) for software integration, including VAPIX. Additionally, it also supports EN 55022 Class B, EN 55024, EN/IEC/UL 60950-1, EN 61000-6-1, EN 61000-6-2, FCC Part 15 Subpart B Class B, ICES-003 Class B, VCCI Class B, C-tick AS/NZS CISPR 22, KCC KN22 Class B, KN24 approvals.