The white P1357-E Day/Night Outdoor Network Camera from AXIS Communications comes with an IP66-rated housing that makes it suitable for outdoor installation in almost any weather condition. It features Wide Dynamic Range, which provides dynamic contrast and day-and-night functionality for superb image quality 24/7.
The 1/3.2” Progressive Scan RGB CMOS sensor on this camera is capable of operating in 5 and 3 Mp recording modes, and captures images at a resolution of 2592 x 1944 at full frame rate. The varifocal 2.8-8 mm F1.2 Lens offers a viewing angle of 80 to 32°, allowing for coverage of a wider surveillance area. Additionally, H.264 compression helps deliver clear, crisp, and vivid surveillance images without consuming a large amount of storage space. The camera provides multiple H.264 and motion JPEG video streams.
This outdoor network camera has a remote back focus function that enables the focus to be fine-tuned from a computer. It also offers digital pan/tilt/zoom. The camera is equipped with a serial port for communication with auxiliary equipment such as a pan/tilt head, in order to remotely change the camera direction. As it supports PoE (Power over Ethernet), there is no need for separate wiring for power, thereby allowing for simple and cost-effective installations. This surveillance camera is suitable for a range of video surveillance applications, including government and industrial buildings, retail environments, airports, railway stations, and schools.
- Easy Installation with Focus Assistant, Remote Focus, and Pixel Counter
- Setting the focus on this camera is made easy with the focus assistant, which indicates with a flashing green LED when an image is in focus after manually adjusting the lens. Additionally, it offers remote back focus, which allows the focus to be fine-tuned from a computer. The pixel counter further helps the installer verify that the pixel resolution of an object fulfills regulatory or customer requirements, for example, for facial identification.
- Digital PTZ & Multi-View Streaming
- It supports digital pan/tilt/zoom, which allows a selected area of interest to be cropped from the full view for viewing or recording, thereby minimizing the bit rate and storage needs. The multi-view streaming allows several cropped view areas to be streamed simultaneously, simulating up to eight virtual cameras.
- AXIS Camera Application Platform
- The camera includes support for the Camera Application Platform, Video Hosting System, and ONVIF for easy camera system integration and for application developers to provide the camera with intelligent capabilities.
- Outdoor Ready
- The camera is powered by Power over Ethernet, which makes installation easy since there is no need for a separate power cable. An integrated dehumidifying membrane eliminates any humidity caught in the camera enclosure during installation. The camera enables easy mounting of an infrared illuminator under the enclosure. It comes with a wall mount bracket, sunshield, and cable glands.
- Robust Fixed Day & Night Camera
- This fixed day and night camera offers good image quality, delivering impressive H.264 performance in a robust design. High-quality videos are captures with progressive scan in multiple individual H.264 streams as well as Motion JPEG streams. The focus assistant, remote back focus, and pixel counter features simplify installation.
- Save Installation Time and Costs
- The IP66-rated camera is ready right out of the box for mounting outdoors. It has protection against dust, rain, snow, and sun, and can operate in temperatures as low as -40°F (-40°C). It is suitable for securing locations such as governmental and industrial sites, airports, railway stations, parking lots, school grounds, and university campuses.
- P-Iris Control
- The camera features precise iris control that comprises of a special P-Iris lens, which is used with the dedicated software in the camera, to set the best iris position for optimal depth of field, resolution, image contrast and clarity. Good depth of field implies that objects at different distances from the camera are in focus simultaneously.
- Miscellaneous Features
- Intelligent capabilities such as enhanced video motion detection, audio detection, and detection of camera tampering attempts.
- Two-way audio support with enhanced audio quality.
- Advanced security and network management features such as HTTPS encryption with preserved performance, IPv6, and quality of service (QoS).