The Thecus N7510 7-Bay SMB Tower NAS Server Kit from B&H comprises of a Thecus N7510 7-Bay SMB Tower NAS server and 7 Hitachi 3TB Deskstar Coolspin 3.5" SATA III internal desktop hard drives.
The Thecus N7510 NAS server is equipped with an Intel Atom processor, 2GB of DDR3 RAM, and an HDMI output along with data protection with the free McAfee antivirus. And together with the Hitachi hard disks, this NAS server kit offers a total storage capacity of 21TB.
The Intel Atom CPU is more energy efficient and is designed to work without a fan which will reduce NAS (Network Area Storage) noise and power consumption, making it more eco-friendly. With the Intel Atom processor, multi-tasking is also made easy. This processor can easily handle several applications like Multi-user environments (+64), web hosting, intense backup, data encryption, application serving, heavy RAID computations (mode 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, JBOD, and up to 3 multiple RAID modes supported), and HD multimedia streaming.
This NAS server comes embedded with the free McAfee antivirus software, to help protect your data. You can schedule the McAfee antivirus to scan all your vital data at certain intervals of time to protect your NAS from various threats.
The N7510 comes preinstalled with the Thecus OS 5.0 that allows you to access additional functionalities. Data Burn and Data Guard are 2 of these functions. With Data Burn, you can back-up your critical data by burning the content onto a CD, DVD, or Blu-ray disk. This can be achieved by plugging a disk burner to your NAS via the available USB ports.
The Thecus OS 5.0 also supports Data Guard, a total backup solution. It enables you to take a backup of your data on both local and remote machines. Data is usually backed up across RAID volumes, external USB drives, and eSATA. In addition, Data Guard is used to sync data across the network to other NAS and servers. More importantly, Thecus Data Guard is the total backup solution, which makes managing NAS user-friendly and convenient. Additionally, Thecus also provides a cloud back-up solution to keep your data safe.
With the HDMI output located at the back of the N7510, you can directly connect to an HDTV screen and start monitoring your NAS without the use of a computer. Using the local display module, a keyboard, and a mouse that is plugged into the unit via the USB ports, you can easily access the NAS UI, play HD video, display pictures, or listen to music. It is suitable for small installations or mobile users.
- Data Guard
- Data Guard backup software solution provides a user-friendly and convenient way to backup data on both local and remote machines. Data can be backed up across RAID volumes, external USB drives, and eSATA. Additionally, Data Guard uses innovative technology to sync data across other NAS and servers via a network.
- Data Burn
- NAS data can now be burned directly to CD, DVD, and Blu-ray discs via the Data Burn software module. In addition, burning ISO image files is also supported.
- Free McAfee antivirus is provided with this software bundle to protect the files on your NAS against possible threats.
- Cloud Backup
- Guard your data with RAID at home and an additional level of protection in the Cloud. Just drag and drop files into the folder on your NAS and access them on any computer or mobile device with DropBox, Amazon S3, or ElephantDrive.
- HDMI Output
- The N7510's HDMI output allows you to connect your NAS directly to your TV for device management.
- USB 3.0 Connectivity
- Achieve high data transfer speeds of up to 5 Gb/s between compatible devices and the NAS server with the USB 3.0. Backwards compatibility allows this NAS to work with USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 devices.
- Acronis True Image
- Acronis backup software offers a One-click Protection solution to back up all your data. You can also pick and choose only the important files that you want to backup.
- Multiple RAID
- Create multiple RAID volumes each supporting different RAID modes, including RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, and JBOD for your own balance of performance and data protection. If a hard drive malfunction ever occurs, the lost data can be recovered using online RAID migration and expansion, hot spare, and auto rebuild.
- Multiple File Systems
- Support for multiple file systems including EXT3, EXT4, and XFS, gives Thecus NAS flexibility to handle many different types of environments. Users can simultaneously use different file systems across multiple RAID volumes to make optimal use of each disk.
- iSCSI Thin-Provisioning
- Connect through iSCSI for achieving optimal data transfer speeds and use the thin provisioning flexible storage functionality to manage disk space.
- iOS/Android Connectivity
- With ThecusShare and the Thecus Dashboard, you can manage your NAS, and upload to and download/stream from your NAS using an iOS or Android device on the go.
- Thecus's Rsync functionality gives users flexibility with remote backup capability, a flexible scheduler, and the stability of Linux-based transfer to backup data.
- User Quota
- User Quota makes it easy to divide up and manage Thecus NAS disk space among multiple users.