The IBG-2016 Layer 3 Ethernet Switch from Samsung features a variety of advanced routing protocols and switching capabilities. Take advantage of L2 switching for hardware-based bridging along with high speed and wire speed data transfers all with low latency, while L3 switching supports hardware-based packet forwarding, high-performance packet switching, high-speed scalability, low latency, flow accounting, advanced security and more. Along with L2 and L3 switching you benefit from enhanced WAN and routing protocols keeping you in complete control of every aspect of your network from packet management to encryption standards and more.
This Layer 3 Ethernet Switch comes compatible with Internet Protocol Version 6, or IPv6, making it fully compatible with IPv6 IP addresses as they are implemented. With IPv6 addressing users within your network can take advantage of 128-bit addresses as many of the previously assigned IPv4 addresses become obsolete. This switch also comes equipped with enhanced firewall features including stateful packet inspection, IP spoofing, Rate Limiting and more for enhanced security throughout the entire network.
- Integration of L2/L3 switching, routing in one video optimized platform.
- High Port Density
- Four mini module slots and one network module slot, providing WAN interface configuration with up to eight T1/E1 and one T3 interfaces or 12 T1/E1 interfaces.
- Improved Wire-Rate Performance
- Wire-rate performance for concurrent and advanced services in maximum WAN port configuration.
- Enhanced Security
- Take advantage of protection from both internal and external threats when combined with the Samsung Integrated Security Module Onboard firewall and VPN Integrated Security Module Onboard firewall and VPN Integrated Security Module: IPS/IDS, Gateway Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam, URL filtering, WAF, End-Point Security.
- Full Support for Voice
- Switching modules with optional PoE for IP cameras and WLAN access points Voice interfaces (FXS, FXO, E&M, T1 CAS, E1 R2, PRI/BRI) SIP/H.323 ALG, plus more than 30 kinds of AGL.
- High-Availability Features
- Hot-swappable personality modules.
- Advanced Routing
- IPv6 and MPLS in addition to RIP, OSPF and BGP.
- Quality of Service
- Support for QoS to prioritize mission-critical traffic.