The AKG Drum Premium Microphone Set is suitable for touring, live, and studio applications. This set includes a D12 VR Dynamic Bass Drum Microphone, a C451 B Condenser Microphone for Hi Hat, 2 C214 Matched Pair Condenser Microphones for overheads, 4 D40 Dynamic Instrument Microphones for Snare and Toms, and 4 K&M 24030 Drum Rim Microphone Mounts for plug-and-play use. This hand-selected collection of high-quality microphones for miking drums comes in a rugged, heavy-duty metal carry case that ensures safe transportation.
The included D12 VR Dynamic Bass Drum Microphone is a reference large-diaphragm dynamic microphone with cardioid polar pattern. Designed specifically for kick-drum recording applications, this microphone has a thin diaphragm to enhance the low-frequency performance. Its warm sound is realized by the original C414 transformer, especially impressive at high signal levels.
The C451 B is a small-diaphragm condenser microphone which produces an airy sound with a high overload limit and features enhanced engineering details. The durable design around the handcrafted capsule and the low-noise preamp electronics ensure impressive results even under very harsh conditions.
The included C214 Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphones offer a 1” capsule on an integrated suspension to reduce mechanical noise. A switchable 20 dB attenuation pad allows recording of loud sources of up to 156 dB SPL. A switchable bass-cut filter allows close-up recording with almost no proximity effect.
The included D40 Dynamic Instrumental Microphones have a solid, all-metal body that makes them durable. The patented Varimotion diaphragm uses a laminated material to damp high resonance peaks and improve audio performance. The transducer is protected by a sturdy wire-mesh cap and can take high sound pressure levels with ease. Each of these microphones comes with a K&M 24030 mount.
D12 VR Dynamic Bass Drum Microphone
- Ultra thin diaphragm for accurate reproduction of the instrument's sound
- Optimized bass chamber for enhanced low-frequency performance
- Patented switchable active-filter presets - 3 sound shapes to match the drum's character
- Original C414 transformer delivers a warm sound, especially at high signal levels
- Cardioid polar pattern rejects overspill from nearby instruments
C451 B Condenser Microphone
- Sound of the legendary C451 EB Microphone with CK1 capsule from 1969 delivers enhanced sound quality with maximum accuracy
- Established tour sound standard since the 1980s for high sound quality even under harsh on-stage conditions
- Impressive sound pressure level capability of 155 dB SPL allows close-miking of high-energy sound sources without distortion
- Highly effective high-pass filter with 12 dB/octave prevents low-end distortion caused by rumble or wind noise
- Transformerless preamp and surface mount technology provides extremely low distortion, high reliability, and less weight
C214 Matched Pair Condenser Microphone
- Sonic character for beautifully detailed recording of lead vocals and solo instruments
- High dynamic range and ultra-low noise for close-up recording of high-output sources of up to 156 dB SPL
- Switchable 20 dB attenuator and bass-cut filter for close-up recording and reduction of proximity effect
- Integrated suspension to reduce mechanical noise and vibration from stage
- Roadworthy, all-metal die-cast body with shock- and scratch-resistant finish
D40 Dynamic Instrument Microphone
- Dual-thickness Varimotion diaphragm provides crisp, powerful sound in all frequency ranges
- High sound pressure levels up to 156 dB for extreme situations without any distortion
- Cardioid polar pattern for trouble-free use in narrow stage environments
- Rugged wire-mesh cap and sturdy die-cast metal body withstand tough day-by-day stage use
K&M 24030 mount
- Easy to mount and remove
- Rubber inserts absorb noise and shock
- No parts to lose