Glyph PortaGig 50 Portable Hard Drive delivers speed and performance in a compact, lightweight, and stylish design. Small enough to fit in a pocket, the PortaGig 50 features a sleek protective aluminum casing that also serves to dissipate heat away from the drive. Bus-powered FireWire 800 (x2) and USB 2.0 (x1) ports ensure fast and easy connectivity to a computer without the need to carry an AC adapter.
You also get an eSATA port, which by supporting a maximum transfer rate of 3 Gbit/s (300MB/sec) provides you with the necessary speed for quickly and reliably moving even voluminous files to and from the computer. When using the eSATA connection, you can power the drive by separately hooking up a FireWire 800 cable or by plugging in the included AC adapter.
The PortaGig 50 in made in the USA using quality parts, and features the Glyph Manager program which monitors HDD performance and temperature for consistent, reliable operation.
- 1TB In Your Pocket
- For your production deadlines, you need small, portable, high-quality storage. The PortaGig 50 is your solution. Running at 7200rpm , this tiny bus-powered hard drive is small enough to fit in a pocket, but powerful enough to support your workflow demands. Designed with a fanless, light aluminum enclosure, it allows you to work on the road easily and reliably. It has FireWire 800, USB and eSATA ports, a rear power switch, and is finished off with classic Glyph styling and a stainless steel face plate.
- Bus-Powered FireWire 800 & USB 2.0
- Bus-powered with FireWire 800 or USB for optimum compatibility, it also includes an eSATA port for the fastest speed possible, up to 100MB/s. eSATA is not a bus-powered interface, however, you can use the eSATA connection for data transfer while simultaneously using the FireWire 800 connection to power the drive. This allows the fastest connection possible and bus power from FireWire. An external power supply is included with the PortaGig 50 if bus power is not available.
- A Cool Drive is a Healthy Drive
- Glyph's unique heat transfer technology draws heat from internal components, moves it to the aluminum exterior to dissipate, reducing the chance of component failure.
- Health Monitoring Built In
- Connected by FireWire 800, USB or eSATA, the PortaGig 50 reports the drive's health and temperature as a background task using Glyph Manager, notifying you if your drives needs attention.
- Designed and Tested in the USA
- Using high quality components, the drive is assembled in Glyph's US factory, and undergoes regimented testing before it ships to you.
- 3-2-1 Warranty
- Confident that the drive performs at the most reliable level, Glyph backs it up with a 3-Year warranty, 2-Year Free Basic Data Recovery Policy, and 1-Year Advance Replacement (U.S. Continental 48 States only).