The PowerTracks Pro Audio Multi-Track Sequencer 2012 from PG Music is a multi-track sequencer, notation, and digital audio recording program. It allows you to program MIDI-triggered instruments, track audio, and create musical notation for arrangement and composition. With the integrated Audio Chord Wizard, you can figure out the chords used in any existing MP3, WMA, or WAV file, create notation for it, and build a new track around it.
The included RealDrums Sets 1 to 3 are designed to provide realistic drum performances to your songs when recording a live drummer is not possible. Rather than a series of single-hit drum samples, RealDrums features full audio drum performances from drummers ranging from 1 to 8 bars. In addition to realistic drum performances, PowerTracks has an integrated version of the TC Helicon Vocal Harmonizer. The Helicon provides not only pitch correction for your audio tracks, but can also add harmonies for faster vocal stacking.
The software supports WAV, MP3, MP4, M4A, and WMA audio files and allows for batch file conversions between any of those formats. You can print your notations directly to PDF files for uploading or emailing to your band members.
- Interface Enhancements
PowerTracks Pro 2012 provides a number of graphic user interface enhancements, including:
- The mouse scroll wheel in Tracks window will zoom in/out if hovering over the overview section. It will still scroll horizontally if hovering to the left of the overview section
- The Horizontal Scroll bar on Tracks window now redraws the window as you drag the scrollbar, not waiting until you lift the mouse
- Additional Hotkey
A number of hotkeys have been added, allowing you to further streamline your workflow
- "Zoom In" in the Tracks/AudioEdit window
- "Zoom Out" in the Tracks/AudioEdit window
- "Zoom Selection" button in the Tracks/AudioEdit window
- "Zoom Whole" in Tracks/AudioEdit window
- Toggle through the notation modes of Notation window
- Sticky buttons on the Tracks window like the [Snap], [L] (lock), and [Z-Whole] buttons will display font in bold when pressed in. Mixer F/X buttons will appear sticky "pushed in" if a Track strip, Aux strip, or Master strip has any non-blank F/X slots
- You can apply a custom color (foreground and background) to a track, or all tracks, using right-click menu items "Current Track Event Colors" and "Default Track Event Color Setup"
- When playing audio via MME and a track contains volume changes, these will be heard at the scheduled time rather than with a delay
- In the Chords window, a [Bar] button has been added on the top tool bar, to launch the Settings for Bar dialog
- When you change tempo and the song has audio files, the audio stretching happens without a confirmation dialog required. You can Undo the changes if you want to restore the original tempo
- In the Track menu the Merge command now has an option to "Always merge to audio"
- "Auto-convert MIDI track to audio track" now has the ability to convert to the same track. This function is accessed by right-clicking on the Tracks window, and will convert a MIDI track to audio. Now it can keep the audio on the same track
- The program no longer needs to show a "checking soundcard" function when being used for the first time. This speeds up starting time
- No warning dialog is displayed if no MIDI Drivers are installed. A less intrusive yellow fly-by hint message displays instead
- [Reset Bar] and [Reset All Bars] buttons have been implemented in the Settings for Bar dialog (F5). Canceling the dialog will restore the original. These allow you to quickly remove settings that apply to the current bar or all bars
- New horizontal master output VU meters on the main toolbar. There's now a VU Meter visible on the screen at all times, with a clipping indicator
- [S] Solo buttons are on each track. Now you can select multiple tracks to solo, by clicking the S button on the tracks that you want to solo
- [F/X] FX button launches the dialog to choose VST Audio F/X or MIDI Synths for the track
- Save A Highlighted Region (Or Entire Track) Of A Song As WAV, wma, mp4, or m4a. Choose the new Track-Save selection as audio command, or right click on the tracks window to choose this command
- Some Yellow Hint Messages can now be clicked on to perform the action. Questions asked when songs loaded (requiring a response) are now changed to yellow flash messages, that don't require a response but can be clicked on if you want to do the function
- (Nt+) (Nt-) Note+ and Note- buttons on the Guitar Window. If a notation window is open, pressing these buttons will place the note on a different string for guitar tab or on-screen guitar display
- Chord Symbols are now drawn on the Audio Edit Window
- RealDrums arrangements have been improved, playing less busy playing on odd bar numbers. The "Same But Different" feature is improved, and finds more varied playing
- In the Tracks Window, Right-clicking on triangle or track num field will now launch the pop-up menu
- Support for using ASIO with multiple programs at once