The ikan D5 5.6" Field Monitor with Canon LP-E6 Type Battery Plate & PS-Finder features a 5.6" HD IPS LCD screen with a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels, 300 NIT brightness with a 400:1 contrast ratio for a crisp image. It comes equipped with an interchangeable Canon LP-E6 type battery plate, one HDMI input, one 3G-SDI in, and one loop-through 3G-SDI output. The monitor is lightweight, at just over half a pound and features a rubberized body with four 1/4"-20 mounting holes (one on each side of the monitor) allowing you to mount it in almost any orientation you may need. The included PS finder allows you to convert the D5 monitor for use as an EVF, for viewing in bright sunlight or for when you just want to put your eye to a viewfinder.
The D5 features Peaking, False Color, and Clip Guides, each one a valuable tool that the camera operator can use to check focus and exposure while shooting. The monitor scales the video to fit its screen, and includes a 1:1 pixel mode for checking fine details of your image. It also features both an HDMI and a 3G-SDI input. The HDMI input makes it easy to use this monitor when shooting with HDSLR cameras, and the 3G-SDI input allows you to use the monitor with cameras that output 3G-SDI. There is also a loop through 3G-SDI output, which makes it easy to integrate the monitor into an SDI signal path without needing splitters. The built-in headphone jack allows you to monitor audio directly from the D5. The control buttons are along the edges and back, including a menu scroll wheel and three assignable function keys. The Canon LP-E6 type battery plate is removable and can be swapped out with other available battery plates, if your battery situation changes.
The PS Finder mounts to the 1/4"-20 sockets on the monitor and can be removed without tools for quick setup and breakdowns. It features an adjustable diopter allowing you to set it for your eye for maximum sharpness and comfort. The PS Finder is a robust viewfinder with German made optics. ikan recommends using a strong viewfinder support for maximum stability when using the finder with the monitor.
- HD Resolution
- The IPS LCD screen features 1280 x 800 resolution, which can display 720p natively, and will scale 1080i/p to fit. The HD resolution allows provides you a crisp image, and the IPS technology provides a 160° viewing angle, left to right and top to bottom.
- Small Lightweight Design
- The D5 weighs 0.6 lbs, making it the ideal field monitor for the video professional. You won't have to worry about your handheld rigs being weighed down.
- Human Interface
- The buttons and controls are along the edges and back of the unit, keeping the front of the monitor free and uncluttered. The menu utilizes a scroll wheel, and three assignable function buttons allow you easily recall frequently accessed monitor features.
- The monitor features one 1/4"-20 threaded mounting hole on each side, and includes a 1/4"-20 to cold shoe ball adapter.
- Flexible Battery System
- This model of the D5 includes an easily interchangeable battery plate for a Canon LP-E6 series compatible battery, the battery is not included, and must be purchased separately. Available replacement battery plates allow you to swap the plate so you don't have to buy a whole new monitor if your battery situation changes.
- Peaking highlights the sharpest (most in focus) areas of the image with a color outline. The D5 features two modes, monochrome, and color. The monochrome mode shows the image in black and white with the red peaking outline and the color peaking mode shows the image in color with a red peaking outline. Both the peaking color and sensitivity can be adjusted in the monitor's menu system.
- False Color
- The False Color feature provides under/ over luminance warning by presenting the image as a series of color values representing exposure.
- Clip Guides
- Set the upper IRE limit on the monitor and any part of the frame that is brighter than the set limit wil flash a vivid purple.
- Luma Under/Over
- ikan's exclusive Adjustable Under Exposure and Over Exposed Warning feature is an extension of false color. It allows the operator to set the preferred IRE exposure limits, and the operator is warned when the image exposure exceeds or falling under the preset IRE limit.
- DSLR Scaling
- The DSLR Scaling function enables users to expand their DSLR camera's HDMI video signal to fill the monitor's screen if they wish. Users may choose from one of four scaling options: Normal, 3:2, 16:9 or Full Screen - convenience made simple.
- Movable Pixel-to-Pixel
- The D5's 1:1 pixel-to-pixel mapping allows you to look at parts of your image without any scaling, so you can see the actual detail and not be fooled by scaling artifacts.
- LCD Controls
Menu controls allow you to adjust the following settings:
- Color Temp - 5600K/6500K/9300K/Manual
- The PS Finder features German made optics, and the integrated diopters (+/-1.5) allow optimal eyesight adjustment for monitor's screen and help to keep your eyes relaxed on long shooting days.
- The finder eyepiece cup can also accept an additional diopter lens if you need stronger diopter adjustment.
- It attaches to the monitor without using tools or modifying the monitor.