The black VF-4 Electronic Viewfinder for Select Olympus PEN Cameras from Olympus is compatible with most Olympus PEN digital cameras with a firmware upgrade, but is directly compatible with the E-P5. It provides a 2,360k-dot resolution on its LCD screen and it attaches to the camera's hot shoe mount. The VF-4 can be used indoors or outdoors and is particularly beneficial when capturing images in direct sunlight, avoiding the glare often found on a camera's rear LCD monitor. In addition, an eye-level viewfinder allows for more stable shooting because placing the camera to your eye provides a third contact point and steadier control. It offers a quick refresh rate to minimize ghosting on fast-moving subjects.
The viewfinder has a 1.48x magnification factor and built-in diopter adjustment for easy viewing with or without eyeglasses. This viewfinder's Low Voltage Differential Signaling (LVDS) technology enables high-speed transfer of high-resolution images and aspherical lenses ensure high resolution from center to edge.
The VF-4 contains an eye-sensor which recognizes when your eye is placed to the viewfinder and automatically turns on the EVF while turning off the rear LCD monitor. Plus, the VF-4 can be tilted up 90º for composing shots at low angles. The brightness and contrast of the display can be adjusted up or down in seven increments via the camera's menu.
The Olympus PEN E-PL5, E-PL3, E-PL2, E-PL1, E-PL1s, E-PM2, E-PM1, E-P3, E-P2, E-M5 and XZ-2 cameras can be made compatible with the VF-4 with a free firmware update, however the eye sensor is not supported on these cameras and with the E-PL2, E-PL1, E-PL1s, E-P2, XZ-2 cameras, slight image degradation on the viewfinder is noted.
- Clear view when shooting in direct sunlight
- Steady eye-level composition
- 2.36 million pixel resolution LCD
- 1.48x magnification
- 100% field of view
- Eye-sensor recognizes when your eye is at the viewfinder and can automatically turn on VF-4 and turn off the rear LCD.
- The VF-4 tilts up 90º to enable waist level and low-angle shooting.
- Brightness and contrast can be adjusted in seven increments through the camera's menu.
- Built-in diopter adjustment from -4 to +2
- Directly compatible with the Olympus E-P5 mirrorless camera and compatible via firmware upgrade with E-PL5, E-PM2, E-M5, E-PL3, E-PM1, E-P3, E-PL2, E-PL1, E-PL1s, E-P2 and XZ-2 cameras.